Skip to main content

Scientific Explanation Required

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #193128 by Eddy
10 mm sockets or spanners are particularly elusive.

I think most of my vehicles have either a 10mm socket or spanner somewhere on/in them .. somewhere ...
Coz they sure ain't in my toolbox.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #193129 by dieseldog
You would be amazed at the amount of tools left behind from factory workers. The roof of a tractor cab is a popular spot- so far I have found a screw driver, a pair of pliers and a gasket scraper. The best one was a 1/2” drive socket in the diff housing.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #193133 by Zuffen
My son's Evo VIII has a 12mm ratcheting ring spanner down the back of the engine somewhere.

I looked for hours from above, beside and from below and damned if I can find it.

It doesn't rattle and to our knowledge hasn't fallen out on the driveway so where is it?

I purchased a new one but I do like my old one more.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #193134 by Blackduck59
Engine bays, the new Black Hole of the Universe

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #193137 by dieseldog

Zuffen wrote: My son's Evo VIII has a 12mm ratcheting ring spanner down the back of the engine somewhere.

I looked for hours from above, beside and from below and damned if I can find it.

It doesn't rattle and to our knowledge hasn't fallen out on the driveway so where is it?

I purchased a new one but I do like my old one more.

It hasn’t fallen inside an exhaust heat shield? Small tools usually jam in there pretty tight.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #193138 by Lang
Missing Tools

Attachments:

More
6 years 1 week ago #193152 by steveb
Eddie You must use different spanners to me.......My loss is always 1/2 9/16th either ring or open ended!!!!

More
6 years 1 week ago #193153 by Eddy

steveb wrote: Eddie You must use different spanners to me.......My loss is always 1/2 9/16th either ring or open ended!!!!

Different cars ... ricers. Several Dattos and a couple Mazdas ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
6 years 1 week ago #193170 by Morris
My friend Mac Bedwell (RIP) told the story that when he was a teenager he received a belting from his Father for loosing Father's best pair of pliers. Mac insisted that he had not touched them.

Many years later, after Mac's father had passed away, Mac had to climb on to the roof of the family home to repair a TV antenna and found his Father's pliers behind the chimney! Mac had never been on the roof before but his Father had!

Maybe the reason that tools roll away from you is that they are related to bread. Bread always falls with the buttered side down on to the carpet!

I have a story about bread falling but it may not be politically correct if you are Irish, as my Father was. If you want to see it, say so.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
6 years 1 week ago #193175 by JOHN.K.
I picked up a truck at Volvo s workshop after service,and stuck in the chassis behind the crane U bolts was a giant Bahco 36" shifter.And ,no ,they didnt get it back.,I still have it.

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds