Skip to main content

S.A. Rego rules

More
5 years 1 month ago #199560 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic S.A. Rego rules
Ok, thanks guys.
Next question then, are there any SA club inspectors on the forum that live in a south Adelaide area and able to inspect my Mog?
Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199570 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic S.A. Rego rules
Good luck, my experience with SA rego and clubs has been very negative so far.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199571 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic S.A. Rego rules
Common sense applies . . .
Gawler Car Club is an "all make" car club but not exactly south :dry:
ALSO I am a registrar for them BUT I am even more un-south(!?) at Crystal Brook. ;)
Cheers and hello again Claire.
600Dodge give 'em a try; where did you end up after leaving WA?

More
5 years 1 month ago #199590 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic S.A. Rego rules
In the Hills. SA rego are impossible to deal with when it comes to anything heavy and Ive found the clubs even worse, cars and bikes have been extremely easy.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199606 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic S.A. Rego rules
Have you tried the South Australian Branch of the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club? Here is their membership application form that has the contact details of their membership secretary.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199607 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic S.A. Rego rules
I have done 3 trucks with no problems at all
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by cliffo.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199618 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic S.A. Rego rules

600Dodge wrote: In the Hills. SA rego are impossible to deal with when it comes to anything heavy and Ive found the clubs even worse, cars and bikes have been extremely easy.

SA branch of HCVC.

I'll dig up the contacts and pm to you soon as I can.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
5 years 1 month ago #199788 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic S.A. Rego rules
Well a quick update on the rego front.
Went to Regency for the I/D inspection last week, with obviously no probs, so I explained the issue about registering as club vehicle straight away and could I bypass the full ‘ New owners inspection’ sadly to be told NO, all heavy vehicles need it now and they even stamped my I/D parpers in big red letters ‘ Roadworthy Required’.
So on Sunday I get a call from a very knowledgeable guy at the Military museum who tells me a different story and drops me a bosses name to use at the rego office.
My local HCVC inspector then examines my truck on the way home from Regency and gives me the MR334, so I attended the SEAFORD rego office today and low and behold, the supervisor there knows all about the historic vehicles exemption omission from the new Reg’s and signs me up straight away on club rego using National Heavy Vehicle plates as well.
So, if your buying interstate and putting straight in club rego YOU DON’T NEED ROADWORTHY, just a standard I/D inspection .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #200036 by swiftden
Replied by swiftden on topic S.A. Rego rules
Claire
Mine was an SA truck . I was told it was exempt from the roadworthy if historic rego.
Got t sorted and registered no problems.
I did have to get an ID inspection only for vin and engine numbers but in country local police do it not regency .

Unfortunatley You will find that alot of people "think" they know what the story is when really they are just guessing.
I did alot of research and check the legislation prior thats how i knew it only needed ID inspection and no roadworthy if gong onto historic rego.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by swiftden.

More
4 years 10 months ago #200990 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic S.A. Rego rules
Hi,
Armed with some confidence from previous SA owners experience above, I went to my local Vehicle Club Inspector who duly carried out an inspection of my K Model Bedford & completed & stamped the MR334 Form.
I'm already a paid up member of this club with a classic sedan on Historic Rego & log book.

I should note that the Inspector wrote the old rego Plate Number down on the MR334.

This vehicle was bought new in SA & lived it's whole life here.

Next, took the form to my local SA REG Office, still confident this would turn out OK.

The person behind the counter asked me how long since this vehicle was registered since the number was no longer on their system. I told the attendant it would be around 30 = 40 years ago.
"Wait a minute", was the reply, "I need to consult my supervisor"

Upon returning, the attendant informed me that I needed to take the vehicle down to Regency Park for a Vehicle ID check & then apply for Registration.
I replied that this is what the MR334 Form does anyway.
"Yes, but this rego number is not on our system so you need to go there first pay $49 & fill out an Application for Registration Form & come back.
No point arguing with these folk once they get their mind made up!

Frustrated & disappointed I returned home . :(

My next thought is to go back to my Club Vehicle Inspector & re do the form leaving out the old rego plate number detail & try again at another branch (perhaps where Claire went)! :unsure:

Any thoughts/advice appreciated :)
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds