Skip to main content

Austin K2

More
5 years 8 months ago #195639 by PDU
Austin K2 was created by PDU
A friend has asked where the engine/body number should be located ? I'm not sure whether he is myopic or his is absent without leave!? ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #195674 by bel
Replied by bel on topic Austin K2
Engine no is on top of head to the right of distributor
Chassis no is on a aluminium tag on top of and riveted to chassis on right side
Near steering box not exactly sure as I am away from truck at the moment
If you clean this area you should find it ,there is another no I think it body no should be on a red allumium plate on firewall on rt side above footwell under bonnet
Hope this helps but if you need photos etc. can help more in a couple of weeks
Bel
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
5 years 8 months ago #195676 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic Austin K2
Yes PDU,
I can confirm with Bel. Chassis plate just to the rear of the steering box and riveted to top of chassis member and there should also be another 2 plates on the left hand side of the bulkhead, on engine bay side. Engine number is as per Bels location, just in front of distributor, around centre of engine. I'll post you a couple of pictures tomoro afternoon.
Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #195712 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Austin K2
Thanks, both of you. Engine number I knew of, as similar to my 245F Austin, it was the location of the body id tag that has all the data on it (not the chassis number front rh rail) that he is trying to locate. Sorry for my unclear request. :blush:
I looked at his truck this weekend and like him could not find it, or any trace of it, in any of the usual more obvious locations???
Perhaps a picture from each of you might at least clarify just where your body id plates are located on the bulkhead (or inside the cab even?) and we can look again. :unsure:
Anybody else who could do likewise is also welcome to add their K2 (3,4,etc) id tag locations too - by hook or by crook we'll locate it OR at least find where it was once located. ;)

You'll notice he also has a 245F Austin :side: Not sideways this time though.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by PDU.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds