Skip to main content

Rear engine mounts Dodge 329 Slant six

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #195755 by Alan McDonald

Does anyone have an old Dodge 229 or 329 with a slant six or has had this motor fitted in the past. I have been searching for the engine mounts my vehicle for months and getting nowhere.
I have received information from a person with a Dodge 229 that has the mounts that I require.
There must be a lot of Dodges sitting around with the same engine mount bell housing mountings ??
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Alan McDonald.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #195768 by Dodgeanddetroit
Hello Alan
I presume you have tried
www.southernhemimedia.com/dodge_truck_parts_34.html
www.dodgeparts.com.au/

If you have an old one or parts of an old one you could try getting a new one made here
www.polyrubber.com.au/
I had two made for Detroit 6V-53 motor, they make a mould up and will constuct it, quite reasonable on $$$ too.

Good Luck and Regards
D&D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan McDonald

More
5 years 8 months ago #195773 by JOHN.K.
I cant exactly remember Dodge mounts,something that wraps around the sides of the crossmember?....Anyhoo,id just go with a bit of thick conveyor belt . Its not as though you will get any vibration from a slant six....Or a standard square anti vibration mount with a rubber bit between two steel plates.....Lots of forties trucks had a bit of rubberized canvas about 1/4" thick between the engine mounts and the chassis....And then there were AECs and Leylands with the motor rigidly mounted to the frame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan McDonald

More
5 years 8 months ago #195871 by Alan McDonald
Hi D&D,
I just answered this message but I don't think it went. Anyway I wrote yes I have tried SouthernHemi no good. Geoff from there said when you do get some send a picture of them I'd like to see them.
Thank you also for the info on polyrubber I will definately get them rebuilt if and when I get hold of a set.
I am currently waiting on two possible sources
Cheers Alan

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds