Skip to main content

Victorian Club Permit Scheme changes

More
3 years 6 months ago #216060 by John Whale
Hello all just reading in the latest monitor the Vicroads changes regarding club rego,you no longer have to be a financial member of a club to be eligible for a club permit will this result in a drop of financial members? which cannot be a good thing?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #216062 by Gryphon
Hi,

I read that change as allowing for Life Members which some clubs don't ask for any money from them, but I could be wrong.

Terry

More
3 years 6 months ago #216066 by cobbadog
Sounds like it very much needs to be clarified. If you do not need to be a member of a club then you will also still need to show a current insurance policy which a registered club does hold.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 6 months ago #216068 by Sarge
I am with Terry, you dont need to be a financial member, you do need to be a member, only way into the HCVC is financial or life or (i think honorary and may some special category for a wife/husband of financial or life member)..... regardless of the finer detail, you are only a member if the club says you are a member, in our case no pay up no member, no permit.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #216079 by Morris
I read the bit about "having to be a member of a club but not having to be a financial member"and could not make sense of it. I did not think of honorary members.

Proposed rules about limits to upgrades to such things as disc brakes is plain stupid. Vehicle modifiers often use disc brakes off other models from the same manufacturer or from a different manufacturer. I know of a 1929 Chevrolet fitted with HQ Holden disc brakes that fit completely inside the original drums. The only clue is the hydraulic hose. Many car restorers fit disc brakes from a later or larger model. The only regulation should be on the efficiency of the brakes and the quality of the job.

A lot of proposed changes to vehicle and other regulations look to me as though a person with no or very little knowledge are given the task of changing things. A similar example was when I worked for a large firm and my boss sent the only person in our department of 23 who did not have a driver's licence (and left all the navigating to her Husband) to the stationers to buy a street directory. Of course of the three different publications available she bought the cheapest and least useful of them all.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gryphon.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds