Skip to main content

toyota da 115

More
3 years 3 months ago #218531 by Old Fargo
toyota da 115 was created by Old Fargo
Hi all i am after information about the toyota da trucks , how many variants were there [ tonnage ] i would like to know the lightest tonnage [gvm ] please. cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218537 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic toyota da 115
I'm pretty sure (but Don't know) that Australia only got one size of those.. with a 5Tonne payload. so roughly 10-11 Tonne GVM..
The early petrol powered Version used the same Motor as the landcruiser which was a knockoff/copy of the old OHV Chev Motor..
I'm not Too sure on what Diesel Motor they used, but from memory they were nowhere near as common as the petrol powered version..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Fargo

More
3 years 3 months ago #218539 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic toyota da 115
The petrol trucks were FA models n...FA95 was one I was familiar with.....they generally had the Chev copy motor (Landcruiser 1F),abd a copy of the Chev Saginaw box.......diff was a split housing type ,presumably a Timken copy........The diesels had an engine partly designed by Bosch ,two sizes the 1D and 2D......360c/i and 400c/i ......the DA 115 was the last of the bonneted Toyota trucks ,I think,and they bought Hino about then ,and moved Toyota out of big trucks into no bigger than 4 tonners......Incidentally ,full toyota history is online ,from Totota.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218541 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic toyota da 115
Good question. I have seen 6000 and 7000 models and presume that related to GVM - on 8.25 - 20 tyres

More
3 years 3 months ago #218549 by JOHN.K.
Both the Toyota and the early Hinos that came here were "Pacific Island " models ....supposedly so basic that natives couldnt break them.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218550 by JOHN.K.
On the subject of models ,the lightest I saw was the FA75,which was about a 4 ton truck with 7.50 tyres,'......Thiess brothers were the early promoters of Toyota trucks here ,and supposedly imported the first Landcruisers in 1957........Incidentall ,they didnt "copy" Chevs ,GM gave them a licence to make Chev components before WW2.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds