Skip to main content

Looking for a carby for 1949 Austin k2 truck

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #237249 by AS148
Looking for a Carby for 1949 Austin k2 Truck
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by AS148.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #237253 by Bluey60
If your not worried about being non original a stromberg off an early Holden work really well

Bluey
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, AS148

More
1 year 10 months ago #237254 by Lang
Bluey is dead right. All my vehicles have Holden Stromberg carbies. Dodges, Jeeps Chevrolets. Reliable , almost guaranteed better fuel consumption than original Carters, Holleys etc. Just get the base throat size to fir your manifold. Only thing better would be an SU but you would have to have a side draft adapter made up and does not look right.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, AS148

More
1 year 10 months ago #237259 by overnite
Have to agree re SU carbies. I had a slant 6 Valiant with a single throat carby that no matter what you did, it drank like a drunken sailor on leave. I made an adapter and used a inch and a half SU. Problem solved and no lack of performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 10 months ago #237278 by cobbadog
I ran a set of triple SU carbies on a GTR Torana. Easy to keep in tune but buggers when its a cold start need choke for a little while. Small price to pay for better reliability.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 10 months ago #237281 by overnite
I had triple inch and a half SUs on a grey engine in a FE ute, full stage 5 Waggot out of a speedcar . Best carbies ever IMO. Set them up properly once and never touch them again.

More
1 year 10 months ago #237284 by bel
Hi
Might be able to help if you are still looking for original carby ,please call 0427506552
Bel

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds