Skip to main content

Old Kwikasair SARs

More
12 years 9 months ago #23481 by richie
Replied by richie on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
hey,Just click on the website address on my last post.There should be my album of 10 photos.Enjoy.Tell me what you think.Cheers Richie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #23482 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Here ya go mate, great stuff by the way!! ;)

More
12 years 9 months ago #23483 by richie
thanks very much mate,how did you do that????

More
12 years 9 months ago #23484 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Does anyone know how TNT worked out there fleet numbers? I used to drive a Road Boss in Brisbane similar to the one in the pictures, from memory it was 4TA 216, refridgeration had 4TA 217. Did the prefix have a particular meaning?

More
12 years 9 months ago #23485 by richie
Heres a photo of my tnt model which ive had since 1982, it has even been in truckin life back in 1983.[img][IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/rjfc72/comet%20and%20tnt/scan0005-1.jpg[/img][/img]

More
12 years 9 months ago #23486 by squeak
Replied by squeak on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Will get back to you on that one Bigcam , still in contact with some of the old tnt fleet mech,i think 4 was for QLD, I drove 1PA213 in Sydney for Comet,they had 222 as well.I do believe the numbers just flowed allong with new additions to the fleet as all prime movers were owned by TNT fleet management and leased to each division ie comet and kaa or afe, rigids had a different system as well.

squeak

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #23487 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs

24 start and run in a kw is almost unheard of

Have a vague memory of IPEC speccing all 24 volt in their KW's. Not an issue for their rigids and possibly all their trailers were set up as 24 volt because of their prior commitment to MAN.

note: memory is out of warranty so ......

jimbo 51 ...the bottle co 925r kw's took over from a fleet of pommie lorries and so true ....the new trucks had to integrate into the old fleet ...hence the 24 volt arrangement.

cheers

More
12 years 9 months ago #23488 by R.Buron
Replied by R.Buron on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Great pictures richie;it's a real delight.My favorite is the White Road Boss in TNT livery.

R.Buron
The TNT truck pictures fan

More
12 years 9 months ago #23489 by richie
Yes,Im a big fan of the old Tnts{not the newbies].I have posted a photo of my W model TNT Model on the model truck forum on"some of my models".It was made for me as a present by Mr Watt? fom TNT management back in 1982.I still have it to this day.By the way if you have have any old W model TNT photos,Id love to see them .Richie

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #23490 by R.Buron
Replied by R.Buron on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Here one from my TNT truck pictures collection on the Hank's truck pictures website.

The picture is coming from a TNT's publication.I have some other pictures but as I'm at the level 0 on the technical side I will send you the other pictures by E-Mail

R.Buron
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bigcam.

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds