Skip to main content

What licence

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #245657 by Sarge
What licence was created by Sarge
Simple question for anyone that knows, but I don't know, so asking, what licence is required to drive a D1410 inter 4x4 dual rear wheels.

Hoping to have it sold by the weekend, but potential buyer is asking about licence..... my guess is light truck.... or has that changed too.

Thanks.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #245658 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic What licence
Under the Standardised Rules 4,500kg GVM is the limit for a car licence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245660 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic What licence
Thanks Lang, I am thinking the truck will be over that, 3000 or 4000 litre water tank would do it in.

Sarge B)

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245661 by Vic Rhodes

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245662 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic What licence
D1410 4x4 spec sheet says GVW = 5.66 tonne

Brett.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245664 by vicbittertoo
Replied by vicbittertoo on topic What licence
Light Rigid (LR class) heavy vehicle
A motor vehicle with a gross vehicle mass over 4,500 kg to a maximum of 8,000 kg (no axle limit) or which carries more than 12 passengers (including the driver) to a maximum of 8,000 kg

Having said that, for example, I had a 4x4 canter and with "borderline" types like that you can either register as a car license which will limit your aggregate weight to to 4495kg or as a light truck class which means in the canter was 6000kg, also the towing limit is increased when registered as a light truck, that's in WA, not sure if its the same in all states ???,
I used to own a 1974 Inter d1310 4x4 (awesome rig BTW:), miss it..) which from memory I'm pretty sure it was just a car license as I let the ex drive it lots and if it was a truck license only I would have told her, that was the 1980s tho....

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, Thank a soldier.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245666 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic What licence
In Qld and I presume other states the weight of a vehicle is the manufacturers specification. It will take an engineer's certificate - blue plate- to derate a vehicle. Not a hard job but there are a few catches with tyre sizes, percentage downgrade etc.

I know Mitsubishi Canters (and probably others) offered under and over 4,500 GVM on the same vehicle by changing tyre sizes. Both weights are on the manufacturers plate with appropriate tyre size beside each.

If you are over 25 you can go straight to medium rigid on your one day truck licence course.

Lang

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #245673 by allan
Replied by allan on topic What licence

Thanks Lang, I am thinking the truck will be over that, 3000 or 4000 litre water tank would do it in.

I reckon even 3000 would more than do it in (as in, be over GVM) !

I'm thinking they were a tad under 2,000 litres at best?

But yep, light rigid.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by allan.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245676 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic What licence
Thankyou everyone, i was able to pass the info on, and truck now sold.....

Lucky or sadly, got much higher offers after the committee deadline passed and suitable number accepted.... quite a few offers of $8,000 were made early on.

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds