Skip to main content

Truck pics from Tassie Logging

More
13 years 4 months ago #42396 by werkhorse
Yeah T-Des........I'm settled..........It just annoys me that the only people wrecking this state are the do gooders that will eventually turn this place into a bloody retirement village.

It's all cool 8-) 8-)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #42397 by Old AB
I think i know the owner of the photos.. Rodney Youd drove for Talisker Blue Metal, had the 2 F Model Twinsteers new. Taken over by Brambles. The older photos in the bush with the dozers and the B Model was his fathers from memory.That 320 F model x Talisker, Brambles, Sweatnam Brothers, Wanless, ended up in Brisbane painted Blue and white with a hooklift on it. Great to see so many old photos kept alive..

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #42398 by werkhorse
Spot on Tony ....I'm just waiting to hear from Rodney and confirm it, and get permission to post them with his name on them.

I asked my father about Talisker and after about 2 hrs of wonderful stories I had to hang the phone up.... lol

Ol man remembers Rodney and the trucks carting blue metal for the DMR.....also seems to think that rondey and the F model had/were the first 8x4 and dog combo in the state... said to be able to cart as much as 3 mormal tippers at the time ( late 70's maybe '80/81 at the latest.

About the B model.........Peter Allen..... worked at LLoyds North and knows Rodney...... seemed to think maybe Don Simmons.......but wasn't sure

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by werkhorse.

More
13 years 2 months ago #42399 by Old AB
Had the thinking cap on Werk.. His father worked for Don. Was 2 8x4 F models that had 2 axle dogs. Both had 237hp & 10 speed box. Talisker had one and HK Fielding at ulverstone had the 2nd one... I think Sweatnam Brothers ended up with them..

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 2 months ago #42400 by Old AB
The first F model Talisker had i think was about 1976. The 320 coolpower F model was about 1980.. or there abouts.. Grey matter does have some gaps in it these days.. ;D ;D ;D

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 2 months ago #42401 by werkhorse
I can remember going to the original Talisker Quarry, between Relbia and Evandale on the left just past the winding corners, when I was maybe 5-6( which puts it at just after they moved to the Devon Hills site) with the ol man in one of Trevor Coopers old F model Fords and running up and down the huge piles of blue metal then running down to the weighbridge just inside the gate and pretend weighing the old man in the ford.but to this day I cannot remember seeing the name Talisker or their trucks....must have been too young.....now theres a statement to say on here....... :-? :-? :-?

I think the pictures of the Talisker F model with the LLoyds F model was taken down near the Tailrace at riverside which is where Rodney lived at the time , so I've been told by several people.

More
13 years 2 months ago #42402 by Old AB
Trucks were parked outside his house at the end of the street. Macka Fenton drove the LLoyds one and lived in the same street..

Keep old inters alive.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds