More
12 years 3 months ago #72464 by tonym

AR series International Left front chassis rail

Includes 1970 IH C1600, 1300....

If you can't afford a Dodge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #72465 by
... have an S model with a bumper bar from 1964 (ex ansett) and the ch/no is stamped on the upper rh flange near the bonnet hinge pivot

you'll have to go a long way to find an original bumper off any of these old KW's around that age...let alone the chassis number on it!!

cheers

• Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #72466 by
....to help werkhorse, and also anyone else wanting to get to the bottom of their endeavours to find their ch/no's, this thread is still pretty handy....cheers fellas....

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #72467 by Sarge
Some of you blokes are gunna need to jab me with a burnt stick.... as I happen to have access (at work) to the gospel... 1970 edition 8-)

try me.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Sarge.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 3 years 11 months ago #209403 by Jobbo
G'day all, I realise this is an old thread but perhaps it still gets a bit of interest!
If VIN's didn't come in until early 1980's is the chassis number regarded as the Vehicle Identification Number?
And if so, is that all I'd expect to find on an International D1950 Prime Mover or are there other 'factory' plates for ID and if so where are they likely to be?
Truck is approx 1971 vintage Cummins C-175 engine, Spicer? box - anybody, please? Michael

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by hayseed. Reason: added pic

More
4 years 1 week ago #209408 by 180wannabe
Hi Jobbo.
Yes, you would use the chassis number. It should be found stamped at the front of the LHS chassis rail, on the outer face, near the front spring hanger.
Check the latch end of the passenger door for factory ID plate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jobbo

More
3 years 11 months ago #210144 by PDU
K,M, O Bedfords RH chassis rail, top face, just behind steering box and attached with two split pins!? Easy to move/change/swap??? :blink:

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215882 by WorkTruck
K Series - Chassis number stamped on very Front Left Chassis Rail (ie. US Driver Side)

mine is a K2-R 12287 (Manuf date ~1942)

I have a PDF of the IHC-USA Truck Serial number list 1928-1966, I tried to post here but doesnt allow pdfs...

(Note to self :) saved in K2-R File)
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by WorkTruck.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215885 by Southbound
International C1 1934 & 1935
Left hand chassis rail, vertical face, at the front between the bumper and the shocker.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215899 by Brocky45
I did not go back and reread this whole topic so may be repeating. Up here in the States, Diamond T is on the right frame rail above the rear steering axle spring hanger. The data plate before 1950 is on the right side of the cowl and after 1950 on the right door frame. These sides may be reversed for you Down Under with RHD??

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds