Skip to main content

Kenworth SAR

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #77357 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Choke gasp ah err um :o huh?

Me know nuffin.

Just an egg drivin LR local first decade new century, first job more than 4 wheels, doing my best, see "mack muncher" on every one of Cleland's fleet. WTF?
(Maybe buy ungood Mack ?)

Asked the appropriate wise ones, no satisfaction there.

Just another one of those long forgotten mysteries of life, till now.

iz awl ey no.

:-X
-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Bobsboy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #77358 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
aye, Greenie, old son..
Imitation is the BEST form of flattery.
What it's probably telling you is that they loved what you wrote, and thought the way you'd expressed it was far and away better than anything they could write!
Well done, anyway, it's a good read!
Cheers
Richard

More
9 years 8 months ago #77359 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Angle .... Can ya chuck that up in the Old Kwikasair SARs thread please ;) ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
9 years 8 months ago #77360 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Well Bobsboy, ol' mate didn't even seem to know which story was about what truck or era.

Steals a write-up about the first grey ghosts and somehow thinks it applies to SAR's that arrived almost a decade later than the period greenie wrote about. He also didn't understand that "Mack Munchers" was specifically adopted by Cleveland's for their Kenworths which initially were cabovers. It wasn't ever applied to SAR's generally.

Seems he grabbed a few bits of questionable info from other places and just stuck them all together with greenie's write-up.

His heart might be in the right place but if you're gunna plagiarise at least get it right, geez.......

More
9 years 8 months ago #77361 by GearJamma
Replied by GearJamma on topic Re: Kenworth SAR

hey swish this one nearly matches your verdons banga www.trucksales.com.au/buy/details.aspx?R...8&__sid=1386B04F9718

http://liveimages.industrysales.com.au/trucksales/general/content/gc5448726674053699777.jpg?width=300

I went to call this one, but was to late already gone :( :( :( :(

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #77362 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
G'day Greenie,

"For those that have a better memory than me, this was something I had written, when the discussion was on about the start of the 'overnighter stuff'. Think it was either Roland or the 'hushpuppy' that asked how fast the ghosts could go, and that was my reply."

Just saw this and want to say that it wasn't me ...
Possibly the other bloke? :-)

I know better than to talk Yank, as if its anything about them foreign KWs then Swish and others know far more than me. ( In fact anybody knows more than me about KW)

Cheers
RS :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #77363 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Sorry about the photo but this SAR was on the NZ InterIsland ferry a couple of days go and this was the best photo I could get of it.

1976, originally powered by 8V71 with a Spicer box, now has a Cat C16 with an 18spd RoadRanger. Done 5.7 million km and still in regular full-time use.

More
9 years 7 months ago #77364 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Kenworth SAR

1976, originally powered by 8V71 with a Spicer box, now has a Cat C16 with an 18spd RoadRanger. Done 5.7 million km and still in regular full-time use.

Obviously treated with respect during its working life!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 7 months ago #77365 by John Whale
Replied by John Whale on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
a c 16 you would be able to sit your coffee on the rocker cover would ya ????? whale

More
8 years 2 months ago #167267 by allan
Replied by allan on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Hope I'm in the right place with this.

At the time (early 70s I think) pride of the Victorian State Electricity Commission heavy transport section - here with the 60 ton float hooked up on a dolly (pretty sure it was a 60 tonner) loaded with a transformer ready to go (porcelain insulator bushings removed from top of transformer to keep height down.)

Obviously a PR photo probably for the internal monthly magazine - SEC News.

And with the depot runabout in front - a battery powered trike. SEC had a few of them, and at one stage even brought in from overseas a battery powered car as a demo!

The guy on the trike is my late father, who by then was in the office running the vehicle pool and later arranging the heavy lift contracts when the loads were getting very heavy and very specialized - at one stage they had a 100 tonne float, purchased I think from Spain (Cometto?)

I have vague recollection of dad in mid to late 60's talking of a trial run he'd done with the 60 tonner behind their then new Leyland - Contractor or Constructor - don't really remember. But didn't take long obviously before they got the Kenworth!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds