Skip to main content

LTL Kentucky's

More
11 years 7 months ago #87588 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
Hi, Tom Griffiths who was from Glass House Mountains bought a new LTL in 1993 with series 60 and cab on airbag be fore that he had a maroon LTL that I believe was a Kentucky as to where they ended up I have no knowledge Regards Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #87589 by Young Fella
Replied by Young Fella on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
Thanks Peter. The LTL I posted earlier today is ex-Griffiths. I thought it was a Kentucky, but it's not. The build sheet has it as being built in April 1990, Kentuckys were released in November 1990. But I do believe Griffiths did have a Kentucky in the same colours as the photo. Last I heard it had it's bunk removed and was getting around a little worse for wear as a day cab. In 1993 we were getting LTS's when I was at Comet and they had Series 60's in them. I'll take a stab here and say that probably only the last of the LTL's had the Series 60 option. Thanks for your input Peter, feel free to pass on any more info.

More
11 years 7 months ago #87590 by Raggsie
Replied by Raggsie on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
Here is one I spotted whilst trawling, do vaguely recall it running the Hume back in it's day.

Don't recall who owned but Genio Bros. seems to be popping into my head but may be it's just the colours :-/
Sorry but no further info.

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

More
11 years 7 months ago #87591 by 82cabover
Replied by 82cabover on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
I'm sure this was Gerry Hallows when new towed a cement tanker with aztek used to look really nice.

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
11 years 7 months ago #87592 by Roy O
Replied by Roy O on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
Hi fellars I knew Genio Bros pretty well I am sure they didn't own a LTL .in their day.
How ever I did own a 1984 model LTL with a 400 cummins, 15 direct RR & 3.55 eatons .
It was blue & white with all the gear

More
11 years 7 months ago #87593 by Young Fella
Thanks Raggsie. That one is for sale at the moment in SA, trucksales.com.au has a few photos and details.

Roy O, tell me more about yours. Are you able to post a few photos of it?

More
11 years 7 months ago #87594 by Roy O
Replied by Roy O on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
Hi Young fella I will try to post some photos when I get them back .
Plus I will post some photos of our cabovers,w model & 2 road bosses .

More
11 years 7 months ago #87595 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's
one up on truck sales at the moment
tinyurl.com/8dr6wxv

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post

More
11 years 6 months ago #87596 by Young Fella
Back in Reply #7 I posted a photo of an ex-Elliotts LTL that at first I thought was a Kentucky. The owner told me it was, but there was no special ID plate on the dashboard to say it was a Kentucky, as per the Ford literature from 1990. The owner had the build sheet, which I got a copy of, which indicated the truck was an April 1990 build. The built sheet indicated a Lot No. of 017.
But because it was built in April, and there was no you-beaut ID tag, and the Kentucky was not released until October/November 1990, I assumed this truck was not a Kentucky. :-/
But since then I have checked out a few more and have discovered that some were built between February and June 1990. So does this mean that these trucks sat around for 8 months or more before someone decided to paint them a pretty colour and give them a fancy name? It may appear so.
So I will retract my statement in Reply #11 that the ex-Elliotts LTL was not a Kentucky, and suggest that it may in fact be the genuine article. And it may be build no. 17.

Swishy, JOTS, Detective and Co., do you get as confused doing research on Kenworths? :-?

All that aside, I knew I had an original sales brochure for the Kentucky around somewhere. Eureka! I found it. But wait.... more confusion. Despite what the Truckin' Life article from October 1990 says, (see Reply #7) that only 25 Kentucky's were to be built, the brochure says 50 were to be built. The brochure is here for your viewing pleasure.

Don't be shy, if anyone can tell me more, I'm all ears.

Young Fella.

More
11 years 6 months ago #87597 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: LTL Kentucky's

Hi fellars I knew Genio Bros pretty well I am sure they didn't own a LTL .in their day.
How ever I did own a 1984 model LTL with a 400 cummins, 15 direct RR & 3.55 eatons .
It was blue & white with all the gear

Genio Bros had a yellow and white LTL it used to load out of YDSI in mascot to melb in the mid 90's Peter

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds