Skip to main content

903 Cummins R200

More
10 years 4 months ago #125480 by bongobob mc licence
well i found tha salesmans name that sold tha ol girl to its original owner from bathurst his name is brian sawell from bathurst nsw ;) :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #125481 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
I was talking to Dennis Harrison recently. He said that he did the 903 conversion, not Hack (Wayne) Burden. Truck was owned by Alan Barnes at the time, was originally owned by Tony Stocks. He said the engine was an american import, not an australian delivered engine. Dennis had the truck after Alan Barnes, and I think he said he sold it to someone from Cowra, before it went to Sydney.

Dennis said that with a 10 speed overdrive and the joey he said that is was a bit scary at 180km/h.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: melonreo

More
10 years 3 months ago #125482 by crackers
Replied by crackers on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
when we were in wodonga scrollin trucks we had a workshop at the back of the mobil truck stop that 200 inter at that tim belong to a diesel mechanic from sydney he used to fuel up there we got to know him well scrolled the bullbar and step tanks in early days it came without the sleeper as shown in one of the photos that was my photo out the front of the mobil then put the sleeper on it he also had an ol cabover as well always travelled with the steel carters brian turpie/ bobby reed/ rick howard and harry from braileys good ol days and memories

More
10 years 3 months ago #125483 by D40Inter
Replied by D40Inter on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
I think the bloke in Cowra was Ray Poidow (not sure about the last name spelling) I have spoken to another mate who thought he had it at one stage.

More
10 years 3 months ago #125484 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
Hi D40. You have jogged my memory, I'm pretty sure Dennis said it went to Ray Porto of Cowra.
Paul

More
10 years 3 months ago #125485 by bongobob mc licence
w ell yer tony stocks from bathurst was original owner ive actualy spoken to him many years ago when tha orignal sales man told me bout tha truck n gave me tonys num and ray porto defntly rings a bell as to cowra just not 2 shaw dout that but its probly rite :D ;)

More
10 years 3 months ago #125486 by bongobob mc licence
crackers that mechanic bloke driving it when u lined tha tanks n bar wasnt tha owner , a bloke name of ron grimson owned it he put tha box on it n stuff then sold it to me , tha red hared ol mate was just driving it 4 ron ;)

More
10 years 3 months ago #125487 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
Ray & Stan Porto are still in business based at Cowra..
Have Drop decks & cart Straw for the Mushroom farms around Richmond/ Windsor....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 5 months ago #125488 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
I wonder what is happening to this old girls , is she starting to re - vive

More
9 years 5 months ago #125489 by v8 inter nut