8 years 10 months ago #160606 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Lanova design engines
That is indeed the beast in Q. 8-)

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160607 by bruehawk
Replied by bruehawk on topic Re: Lanova design engines
List of patents for the Mack Lanova eng.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160608 by Mrsmackpaul
very interesting Bruehawk I have only ever heard of these motors never seen one before

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 9 months ago #160609 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Lanova design engines
Re Tatra's reply #16, Henschel's.

Fascinating concept there, Tatra. That flat 12 engine must have been a work of art! Like the way the bus chassis has been set up to accept the rear end.

Also, the straight 12 White petrol engine, had heard of it but never seen one. Later years, my late father drove buses for many years in NSW, still remember the mob he worked for had both White and Mack buses,(amongst many other makes) If my memory serves me right, had bodies built by Properts, or some similar name. I do remember both the White and Mack buses undergoing repower from petrol to diesel, one of them had been fitted with a Hercules engine, a lot of ex-military stuff floating around, very cheap. Bus mechanic himself was ex-Army fitter.

I still get a huge kick out of reading and seeing how some of these early ideas were implemented. No going in and ordering a custom made jigger (unless you had either unlimited cash, or credit), and some of the fascinating adaptations, modifications still astound me. Most visitors who went to the Alice Springs truck museum the day I was there, made a bee-line for the Kenworth shed, me and a mate went in old shorts and shirts and crawled under and over that old government AEC. Ah, those were the days! Before mass production when trucks (and machinery as well as cars), had the one thing that I believe is missing today. Character!

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds