Skip to main content

Who is going to Penrith?

More
8 years 11 months ago #158981 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
Thanks for the effort Beaver. The White Construcktor is a rare beast....anyone got more pic's and history of it.
Geoff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #158982 by Tacho
Thanks for the effort Beaver. The White Construcktor is a rare beast....anyone got more pic's and history of it.
Geoff

More
8 years 11 months ago #158983 by Roderick Smith
Something of everything: great variety. It is good to see that your site can hold so many visiting vehicles. The weather didn't look to be good: I hope that you drew the visitor numbers to justify the effort. I couldn't be there, but the slide show has given me an effective substitute.

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

More
8 years 11 months ago #158984 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
The site was only about half full, we get around 200 full size trucks (many with trailers) in for the Working Truck Show in April. Creative parking at its best.

Weather not so good, cloudy all day, with occasional drizzle (not enough to need umbrellas). Visitors down on previous years accordingly, but hopefully we will break even for the day.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158985 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
Hello Tacho
The White Construcktor was in the for Sale section about 18 Months ago, It was located just North of Balaklava, I called in one afternoon on my way back from Snowtown Windfarm, took one look and could not resist buying the old girl.
I know very little about it's past except it had a Drill rig on it at some time. The Truck is very straight virtually no rust in the cab, the Cummins is in really good nick, what else would you expect from a 14 litre Cummins. It has the strangest Gearbox, twin countershaft Fuller with 6 speeds, 5 on the stick and 1 in first using the range change. Now for the suspension, and this is something else Hendrickson rubber block, no springs, just hard rubber, it can find bumps in the road that did not exist, that is until it drove over them, not road friendly.
We managed to get it ready for Haulin the Hume, our eldest Son Carl drove the white, he is younger and can handle the ride if you could call it that, I was happy to follow him in the 1626 Mercedes.
Thanks Tacho for your interest in the Construcktor.
Rex

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc399/aussiegaigin/Classic%20Truck%20Show%202015/DSC05759_zpsselohfja.jpg?429

Rex, I just Borrowed Beaver's Photo & put it in this Post for you..

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by hayseed.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158986 by Tacho
Well Rex, you have just blown me out of the water. Balaklava is only 3/4 of an hour or so from here, and I also cannot recall the "For Sale" ad for it. Being an ex drill rig platform, did it belong to an ex Alice Springs fellow who has a property near Balaklava and who has done well with drilling and several other ventures....?
Geoff

PS...it is a very impressive looking piece of machinery.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Tacho.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 11 months ago #158987 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
ReX M80
Noice bit of Yanky iron wiff atitude .... alot bettr than them thar Euro Busses

LOL

Keep thiz up Rex n u may get an invitation to the next White Truck Muster

Cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 11 months ago #158988 by Mairjimmy
This would be it but the picture is gone off gumtree

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1367923858

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158989 by
Replied by on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
...looks like Acar's been hanging out on ya Tacho! ;D ;)

More
8 years 11 months ago #158990 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
Seen that parked up and thought that looked different :-?

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds