Skip to main content

Who is going to Penrith?

More
8 years 11 months ago #158991 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
G'day Detective Phil. I don't get to see much of Acar nowadays as he left the local concrete job a while ago and is now doing road train trips all over the place. It is not full time, more like trip by trip. Last time I saw him was at the Kapunda Swap Meet where he told me about progress on the Autocar, stretching the chassis back to original and finishing off the cab etc. all ready for Alice.

Cheers Geoff

PS My replacement Diamond Reo cab is at the painters, so hope to get that project cranked up later this year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #158992 by Coupeute
Great turnout of trucks once again. Thanks to the organisers for another good event. Small amount of rain on Sunday morning didn't dampen spirits. Gotta look on the bright side, had a dampish swag rather than a frozen one.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
8 years 10 months ago #158993 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
Swishy mate
Well I am still here only just, seems we have been naughty, talking about European Trucks, now this is all USA, the White and the DiamondT.
The White is a real truck powered by Cummins, it has power to burn, sound that only a four stroke can produce.
Now Swishy you yourself could never think a Truck with so much character, would have a green two stroke lawn mower engine, would you?
Come on mate we can't stop now.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 10 months ago #158994 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Who is going to Penrith?
There wasn't a problem discussing European Trucks. The problem was with the continual running down of a make sold by a long term club sponsor by a couple of individuals

There was not a complaint by the sponsor but the committee directed the threads be locked.

Rex, you were defending the brand concerned and as far as I am concerned it was all light hearted banter and that is where I intend to leave it at the moment.

Let's all get out and enjoy our old trucks regardless of breed or size

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds