Skip to main content

North along the Newell..

More
8 years 1 day ago #170336 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic North along the Newell..
well done Gilly, thanks for taking the time... B)

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 20 hours ago #170362 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic North along the Newell..
Last report i saw Robert French has had a piston grab a liner and has organised to take it for repairs but doesn't expect to make the show.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
8 years 19 hours ago #170365 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic North along the Newell..
Arrived at the Qld border, day not without incident. Old Frenchy caught up with us last night, however the old Peterbuilt needed a drink of water after the big day. He borrowed my 10 litres of water, she took the lot. Hmmmm.
Next stop, Tomingly, Frenchy pulled in behind us, need to give her another drink, another 10 litres plus. Steam coming out of the crankcase breather :dry:

[IMG

[IMG

Decision made, back to see the Cummins whisperer at Grenfell, latest news from Frenchy, sump dropped down, looks like number 3 has nipped, tomorrow will be another day for that one.

Tacho & Geoff caught up with us in Goddiwind, had dinner & a chat, plan is to leave here at a more sociable hour in the morning.
Braggsy set the trip based on 80k vehicle speed from yester-year, well, let me tell you, cruising on the governor at 100, has Bernie & I convinced that there must have some other different circumstances that enabled them to do it. :silly:

More
7 years 11 months ago #170411 by gilly
Arrived at Rocklea late this arvo, easy day today, lunch at the Aratula hotel before passing through the Gap, then an easy run into Brissy.
Day started out ok fom the border, sailed along well in a convoy until Braggsy fires up on the old charlie baker, you bloke better go round, think I have done bearing in the box, she is screaming her T---s off when under load. Oh no everyone silently thiks, how we gunna manage this one. Pulled into the local pub stop up the road a bit, Knighy & Tony wait for Braggsy to lift the bonnet.

[IMG

Out came the toolbox, gearbox rebuild performed in the dusty parking bay

[IMG

[IMG

Was a rush job, rounded up the spanners, the girls checked out the local shop to see what was on offer, log books had an additional entry for the stop.
Braggsy believes the time may be near for another addition to the fleet if he can unload a well worn but worn well rocket

[IMG

The club welcomed us tonight, barbecue tea, the best bar service with no charge drinks to wash it down. As face book now appears to be the main information page, Big Brennan posts a pic, the mexicans have arrived.
We are impressed with the hospitality, makes the journey of getting here a little special.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
7 years 11 months ago #170447 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic North along the Newell..
It was good to put a few more faces to names. Thanks for making the effort to come up.

Hope you all enjoy the trip.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #170450 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic North along the Newell..
I want it.....
It needs love, although looks like it might be getting some from its current owner.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by asw120.

More
7 years 11 months ago #170563 by gilly
look who else turned up from down south,

[IMG

Couple of others from our travelling group, Bernie without his hat, Tony & his wife,

[IMG

Knighty & Cheryl, ( Wife of Bernie who tried to hide from the camera)

[IMG

And the man who led us on this journey, with Lang in partial vision
[IMG

More
7 years 11 months ago #170574 by Mrsmackpaul
wild looking bunch the lot of them LOL

Well done to all involved

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 11 months ago #170636 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic North along the Newell..
Well dun Gilly
Thanx fir the pix
Looks like sum of them jokers R on Australias most Wanted list .... LOL
:lol: :lol: ;) :lol: :lol:

Gilly M80
can U give a rundown on fuel cost for the run
az we all kno the screemers run on the smell of an oily rag

:lol:

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 11 months ago #170673 by gilly
Swish man, Pretty happy with the little 53, currently running N50 squirters specially sourced by the Chocs man,

Total fuel cost for the trip, have not fuelled her up on return, so I can pretty much guess by the fuel gauge what it will be,
Total $ for fuel, $1277, that is allowing 250 for the final fill, West Wyalong to Geelong.

I will add up the litres consumed for finer figures, most around the $1.16 average. In summary, approx. 3.27 km litre (9 mpg)

Old Braggsy set a crackin pace out along the flat country, as the old Benz has long legs, so I had to keep the 53 spinning at 2700 to keep up.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds