12 years 9 months ago #44977 by Chocs
34 sleeps to go :D :D :D

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #44978 by Swishy

eye've been getn lost by this map since way back when (thanx to the wall map by Ampol)
tiz in miles for those th@ can remember m
U 2 can use it any way u wanna
tiz printer friendly to orll friendly printers

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 9 months ago #44979 by HeyCharger

Except for the first map the following maps look like a BP Road Map series from the early 60s?

Yes Rob. I purchased a 60's BP Road Map off ebay. I only came to NSW in the late 80's so not too sure where we are going... :D
The first map is from an old "The Premier Street Directory of Sydney and Environs" which I believe is about mid 50's. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #44980 by monty
Just remember to take lots of picks you lads for those unfortunate soles that cant attend.

Looks like the nostalgia of the event is getting to everyone, you have the correct maps so there's no excuse on getting lost LOL, correct trucks, just remember you all have to look the part, blue singlets, thongs, flanneys, stubbies and of course thongs.
Cant wait for the picks fellas :D :D

-Monty
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by monty.

More
12 years 9 months ago #44981 by Chocs
Yass in August....
we might need our winter uniforms?
Flying boots and blankets over our shorts!
"blue singlets, thongs, flanneys, stubbies and of course thongs" and all them as well underneath ;D ;D

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #44982 by HeyCharger
Just another suggestion for the organisers (as I know they don't have enough on their hands ;) ). Have you considered a group photo at the end? When I went to the COTM in Albury this year they took a group photo of the 200 Chargers in a paddock at the Ettamogah Pub from a cherry-picker.
I can appreciate that organising some 100 or so trucks would be a nightmare, but it's just a thought.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
12 years 9 months ago #44983 by Scummy
Would they have a flat paddock big enough ? :P

12 years 9 months ago #44984 by
hey chocs ... what happened to 33 sleeps to go? never mind i just did it for you.

cheers

More
12 years 9 months ago #44985 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Rod, not a bad idea for the pics but you nailed it with your comments on it being a nightmare :-/ .

Brad , Ron and I unfortunatly work in the transport industry which equates to 12 - 14 hour days so the size of this run, apart from catching us by surprise, has had a massive impact on what we've been organising as we've had to change so much of it along the way.

We'll learn from this one and without doubt we'll be planning one for two years time if all goes well. Hopefully we'll be better organised for a Kodak moment for that one :)

Some play hard to get

12 years 9 months ago #44986 by
How much of the old hume from yass to melbourne is there still available to drive on. Maybe in 2 years time a run could be organised from both ends and meet in the middle. Now that would be big.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds