Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

13 years 1 month ago #44777 by
cunning hate to tell you but those boxes contain the beer supply for me an carl ,thats the only 'spares' me n the pete need dont tell mrs riveting!!!! hope the cockie with the k model doesnt bag you up on the jump ups

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44778 by Scummy
G,day , Bimbo's building is still there . I remember it being further back from the road though , the brain is getting older .

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 1 month ago #44779 by Swishy

Grenfell
GuddayM8

RE: modest fee you could get company in the hot showers

Me thinks 'hawkin the fork' haz been around alot longer than the transport industry

LOL

But WaddaEyeKno
LOL
EyeDoSt&2BCorrected
:o
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 1 month ago #44780 by jimbo51
Scrummy,
Not the Bimbo's I remember. There was a large unsealed area in front for truck parking.

You're right, the building was further back from the road.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44781 by oldbugger
I remember it being further back as well, I can't really recall the look of the place 40 year ago, but one evening I pulled in with a load of masonite from Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, I was driving a red, bonneted MAN, got my food and sat at a table near another fella, I remember the noise of the chair moving over floor tiles echoing in the room, he said you driving the MAN, I said yes and he said I passed you past Yerinbool, when I was following you round the bends, on the right handers there was daylight under the offside back tyres, it turned out when I got the curtains off in Sydney I saw the load had slid the over the full length of the trailer to the lowside. I travelled to Sydney with the other driver who had a Leyland Mastiff with a Michigan on his trailer. Both trucks had been parked at the front of Bimbos with loads of room for others, so the memory of it beng further back remains.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44782 by truckit
Hi, I don't mind pushing cunning up Razorback, but it will be more like cunning will be pushing me, I dont mind carring anyones spare parts, cause I will be taking parts and tools. Iam going to be looking forward to making the run without a problem and a lot of fun with you guys. My little 1951 Bedford "k" will struggle to get over 35 Mph, and I might have to leave on Friday, joking. Looking forward to the run and meeting up with all you young fellows.
Charlie.

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

13 years 1 month ago #44783 by
scummy thanks for the pics but sadly that is not bimbos jimbo an olebugger were right it was much futher of the road- so are you gonna come along???

13 years 1 month ago #44784 by
swish i called old mate with the r190 to get a bit more info on the shower deal but his mrs was home ill keep you posted on any info- my old man would allways tellme 'it will draw you futher than gunpowder can blow you''

More
13 years 1 month ago #44785 by Scummy
G,day , i've got an article from truck and bus magazine with the truckies gourmet section about where to eat . And there's a photo of bimbos where there is no awning over the bowsers , the tele pole out front with the transformer on it .Beleave it fellas that is the photo of it now .
I was talking with brad the other day and may tag along a little , not real sure yet .

13 years 1 month ago #44786 by
I reckon its Bimbo's, I remember no awning, mid to late 70's, looks like enough room for two trucks, there was no grassy nature strip back then, they have probably taken a metre off the front by now with road widening. In the pic taken from the south, that big shed and fence was part of the northern parking area, and was often full of trucks. Another one I remember was at Casula or the Crossroads, southbound, I think it was the Ampol Billabong Cafe.
Jeff.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds