Skip to main content

Feedback on the new look site

More
7 months 1 week ago #248439 by 180wannabe
Glad to hear it worked for you.  I can't take any credit though, Terry gave us the 'heads up' a page or 3 back, the first time it became a problem.

Brett.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #248444 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Feedback on the new look site
When all else fails read the instructions
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
7 months 1 week ago #248453 by Morris
Yep, I read the "Destructions" (my deliberate misspelling) and I no longer have to log in each time.

I see that the "footer" or whatever it is called this week, has gone back to a smaller font and quite a bit below the actual message, as it used to be.
Thank you Terry and anyone else who has helped, your hard work is appreciated.
Thanks, Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
7 months 1 week ago #248480 by Morris
A couple of things I miss:-
1. The Preview button.  I used to preview my contributions to check for spelling and other mistakes,  before posting.
.2. When the computer tells me I have miss-spelt a word,it used to give one or more choices of what I wanted to print.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
7 months 2 days ago #248575 by Lang
When I click on a subject that notifies a new post in the Forum Latest column it is all over the shop.

It normally goes to about 3 or 4 posts back that I have already read, sometimes it goes to the top of the page. In almost every case I have to scroll from a couple of already read posts to as much as a whole page of read posts before reaching the new one.

Lang

More
7 months 2 days ago #248577 by oliver1950
I'm having the same issue as Lang and when I leave a thank you it returns to the top of the post that I left a thank you for or mostly anywhere on the page it is on

You can't have too many toys!

More
7 months 2 days ago - 7 months 2 days ago #248578 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Feedback on the new look site

When I click on a subject that notifies a new post in the Forum Latest column it is all over the shop.

It normally goes to about 3 or 4 posts back that I have already read, sometimes it goes to the top of the page. In almost every case I have to scroll from a couple of already read posts to as much as a whole page of read posts before reaching the new one.

Lang

Me too, I imagine it has something to do with the cookies. 
P.S. I can't write above or below the quoted message. 
P.P.S. Nor in an edit.
Last edit: 7 months 2 days ago by Gryphon.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #248610 by Lang
We all understand that new things take time both in design and operation plus user re-education but I must admit the new site is something of a p in the a and not user friendly.

My main problem is almost everything takes more than one click, entails scrolling, the script lines are too long for easy reading and the various boxes on a page are too large and spread out and you have to hunt..

It doesn't seem to retain saved settings eg permanent remember me (even after ignoring the remember box in front of you and having to scroll right to the bottom for the second log-in  point).

The old site is like my youth, I want it back but it is dead and gone. All I can do is say they don't make them like they used to.

I am certain it takes me far more time to read, initiate or respond to posts than previously.

Lang
Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, wee-allis

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #248625 by Mrsmackpaul
I sort of agree Lang

But it has got much much easier, there's been a few tweaks and they have made a hug e difference for me

Last time there was a upgrade it took me a really long time to adjust and I almost gave up, luckily for me I persevered through it all, maybe unlucky for the rest of you lol

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #248632 by Morris
I have pretty well got used to the new site.  I have just about forgotten about the previous one.

I would like to have something to replace PM or Channel 40 or some way to contact a member without everybody being able to see it.

Is there a difference between "Message" and "Private Message"?

I see today that the choices at the bottom of the screen have changed and I now have to click on "Actionss" to find anything. That is better than the previous "Quick reply" or "Options" and "Reply."

Morris.

PS. now it has gone back to "Quick Reply" and "Actions.

I'm gritting my teeth,

Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Morris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds