Skip to main content

Feedback on the new look site

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #248213 by Gryphon

cobbadog post=248209 userid=728Just made my first post on the new layout. So far all the things from before work the same for me which allows my brain to cope well. Only slight issue is the bloody spellcheck is yanky based and my rambling is highlighted with red under lines. Just one example is the word tyre it did not recognise the Englkish/ Aussie spelling in my post but appears to acknowledge it here. Might be that we have to teach it to spell. Love it anyway Gryphon and thanks for all your ongoing hard work.

I agree the new spellchecking is not really what it should be but at the moment if I switch to the editor with the normal in-browser spellcheck that is pretty much standard these days then we lose the ability to Insert images into posts.

In the row of icons/buttons at the top of the text edit box there is an image of 'ABC with a green tick' underneath it. This will toggle whether spellchecking is active as you type and the Dictionaries options allows you to specify which Dictionary you want to use so here is where you can select to use the Kings English.

Terry

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #248219 by cobbadog
You will Im a right dickhead but I cannot find an edit box anywhere. Even went back to my original post here but could not mfind it so I made another reply and could not see one there either.
When I reply I only see a quick reply icon so use it to reply. So this poor bastad needs more than guidance to find the edit box please.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #248220 by Gryphon
Hi,

the text edit area is where you are typing your reply when you select Action->Reply

If you are using Quick Reply then you wont see the editing icons to change the size or colour of the fonts etc.

Terry
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #248230 by Mrsmackpaul
I keep getting emails everytime I reply or thank you a post, well seams like every time

Used to have to click to get notified once
And I gotta keep signing in every time, neither are really a drama at all but just letting you all know as feedback

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #248231 by Swishy
Ditto

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248239 by Gryphon

Mrsmackpaul post=248230 userid=1865I keep getting emails everytime I reply or thank you a post, well seams like every time

Used to have to click to get notified once
And I gotta keep signing in every time, neither are really a drama at all but just letting you all know as feedback

Paul

From abouta page back this posts explains what changed and how to remove your subscriptions, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/forum-q-s-a-s/2124...site?start=40#248206

And this topic explains the work around for the login issue you both mention, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/forum-q-s-a-s/2125...ing-interim-solution

Terry

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248240 by cobbadog
Found the bastard. Thank you. Been replying the wrong way by using quick reply instead of opening action then reply.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248247 by 180wannabe
I am really not sure now, but i reckon when i was typing a reply in the past, i was able to scroll down from the reply box, and see the last 3 or 4 posts of the topic i was replying to, which made it easy to make sure my reply covered every question or point in the post i was replying to.  I don't seem to be able to do that here at the moment.

Brett.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248248 by Gryphon
Wanna,

you are correct, I noticed that functionality has gone the other the day.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248250 by Morris
I have tried several times to stop getting emails from the new forum.  My profile says I have no catergory subscriptions but five topic subscriptions.  It tells me to delete selected topics but I cannot select any topics.  How do I do this?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds