Skip to main content

Feedback on the new look site

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248154 by Morris
Swishy, I couldn't agree more.

I have never been able to tell the difference between a reply and a quick reply.

The younger generation of HCVCA members seem to think that the forum is from the time of the dinosaurs and facebook is cool.  I think it was Alan Taylor's Daughter, or Daughter-in-Law, who would not hear anything against facebook and refused to admit the forum existed.   We don't see her at meetings anymore.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #248155 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Feedback on the new look site
Someone said a forum is like building a brick pathway. The bricks are always there and you can go back to find one you wanted.

Facebook is also like building a brick pathway one at a time but somebody is following up laying bitumen on top.

In otherwords the forum is the electronic equivilent of a diary or minutes while Facebook is for those with attention span of a gnat.
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, 180wannabe, Morris, 235mack, wee-allis, oliver1950, theabundantlife

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248158 by hayseed

I have never been able to tell the difference between a reply and a quick reply.

Morris, the Difference is

Quick reply is; TEXT ONLY  Whereas,
Reply lets you use   COLOUR'S   and all sorts of other features.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, V8Ian

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248165 by oliver1950
Logged in using the Login at the bottom right hand side, working well thank you
I'm using a desktop computer and having no trouble viewing the Forum , thank you

You can't have too many toys!

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #248194 by Gryphon
Hi,

quoting on a previous post is not intuitive with the new software unfortunately so here is a quick tip.

After you select Action->Quote to bring up the the text from the article you are quoting, move the cursor/mouse down the text box and you will see a red dotted/dashed line appear with a 'bent arrow' at the end on the right. Click on the 'bent arrow' and it will create an empty line below the red line where you can start your reply.If that doesn't work for you and your text/reply appears as part of the quoted text you can edit your reply, select Source and find the '/quote' in square box and cut and paste it at the end of the previous text and then save/submit and your reply should no longer be part of the quoted text.
Terry
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Gryphon.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #248199 by Urchy87
Spun me out when I first logged in but working it out. Not sure if I just can’t find it but I’m unable to locate the Inbox messaging feature.

Cheers,
Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Urchy87.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248201 by BillyP
All of a sudden i am getting emails about some new posts  ...never happened before.....

I did spot an unsubscribe button .......... is this to stop them.....

Am slowly starting to get the hang of things ......thanks............

...............Billy................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248206 by Gryphon

BillyP post=248201 userid=646.
All of a sudden i am getting emails about some new posts  ...never happened before.....

I did spot an unsubscribe button .......... is this to stop them.....

Am slowly starting to get the hang of things ......thanks............

...............Billy................

Hi,

I found an option that has been set to default to check 'subscribe to topic' on all posts. I have switched it off.

To remove any of the subscriptions go into your profile and select the Tab Subscriptions and you can unsubscribe yourself from any of the topics or categories you no longer want to receive emails about.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248207 by Gryphon

Spun me out when I first logged in but working it out. Not sure if I just can’t find it but I’m unable to locate the Inbox messaging feature.

Cheers,
Urchy87

It is missing in action and is covered in this thread, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/forum-q-s-a-s/2124...nce-upgrade-of-forum

Terry

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248209 by cobbadog
Just made my first post on the new layout. So far all the things from before work the same for me which allows my brain to cope well. Only slight issue is the bloody spellcheck is yanky based and my rambling is highlighted with red under lines. Just one example is the word tyre it did not recognise the Englkish/ Aussie spelling in my post but appears to acknowledge it here. Might be that we have to teach it to spell. Love it anyway Gryphon and thanks for all your ongoing hard work.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds