Skip to main content

Feedback on the new look site

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248066 by Gryphon
Hi,

if you have any feedback on issues, errors, things that have gone missing or aren't where they used to be you can put a reply in this post and I will deal with what I can when time permits.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #248070 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Feedback on the new look site
Terry

Is this the final cut?

Understand new looks take time to get used to but the expanded pages are already a pain having to scroll. Almost like individual posts on facebook. It was so much better seeing more on a page. You could read each line with your eyes but the expanded format requires you to move your head for each line..

The nice package of the Forum Index could be seen with one? scroll, it now takes 4 or 5 and you can not quickly scan it.

Lang

Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Lang.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248071 by Mrsmackpaul

Terry

Is this the final cut?

Understand new looks take time to get used to but the expanded pages are already a pain having to scroll. Almost like individual posts on facebook. It was so much better seeing more on a page.

Lang

Lang

yeah Lang, it's gunna take a bit to get used to this 

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248072 by Mrsmackpaul
Well doing a quote isn't simple anymore

But yeah Lang I do agree

Paul

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248073 by Mrsmackpaul
The Melways was super successful because it had contrasting colours that made things very very clear to read at a glance

The new look is very beige

Just a observation

Paul

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248074 by Lang
Paul

I think the colours etc might change as Terry gets further along. As you say the bleached printing is pretty crook but give him a bit of time. We don't know what his limitations are but I am sure if lots of us give him feedback he will respond where he can.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248075 by Gryphon
Lang,

it is not the final cut in terms of the way things look and feel, I just needed something to use initially and I thought this theme/template looked a bit more interesting that the hundreds of 'modern' looking style that more or less look the same. Depending on how this one works over the coming week(s) I might replace it with something else and see if people like it better.

The 6 posts per page is now resolved by a setting to increase the number of posts per page back to 10 as was the setting on the previous version and that will now carry across regardless of any changes to the template/theme used to display the Forum that might happen in the future.

Terry

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248076 by Lang
Thanks Terry

All looking the same is not necessarily bad. If lots are doing it it must be popular and more importantly it is going towards a standardised format that people can go from one forum to the other without all the subtle "learning" required for different layouts. Change for the sake of change seldom is the best option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248077 by Mrsmackpaul
Search function doesn't appear to be working properly

And yes I was trying to give honest feed back

If we say nothing Terry doesn't know if it's working or not

Paul

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248080 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Feedback on the new look site
Keep trying Terry, it's different and some buttons not so obvious.... I like the reply page better than the posted page....

we appreciate your efforts to keep us alive..... but like all kids we grizzle when we are disrupted.... now where's the icecream and chocolate 

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds