Skip to main content

Feedback on the new look site

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248135 by 180wannabe
Yes, i have to log in every time as well, even though i tick the remember me box.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248136 by Kav
Replied by Kav on topic Feedback on the new look site
That is far better now, I take back what I said before. Thank you for the change, this is very good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248138 by Morris
I agree with Kav,
I am very happy with the new-look forum, although I cannot see the relevance of the two lines of little boxes, whatever they are, that come up when you reply.  Somebody said that the coloured script was not available nor necessary but I see it is there.  I was using it to address people I replied to but somebody said it was like shouting at them, so I stopped.  I now use it only to insert the colours of the Ukrainian flag when I reply to Dima.
I see you have fixed a fault of not offering suggestions to incorrect spelling that someone mentioned.

It is only a minor point but I do not like the fact that both the old forum and this new one try to get us to use American spelling (For example, underling the word "colour" when I use the English and Australian etc. spelling.

Terry, you have done well. It is something that very few of us could do. As Billy Bunter, the Owl of the Third Remove, (you are probably too young to know what I am referring to but ask Graham or Shirley) might say "The Goodfullness is Terrific."
If you can set up a replacement for Channel 40, it will be as near to perfect as you can get.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #248139 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Feedback on the new look site
I'm still finding the grey on grey lacks contrast.  It might be caused by the way the grey is faded in on the edges.
Which in turn means I'm having trouble seeing the pages.

From a keystroke user model,  having to press 2 buttons to make a reply is frustrating. 
Replying is the most common action undertaken on a forum. It should be the easiest action to complete.     Funny....   Now it appears to have changed. Not sure what is happening

Also, the 'subscribe button' is defaulted to subscribe. It should be the other way around.

Is there a right click spell check/suggestion?
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by jon_d.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248140 by wouldyou
Getting used to it, have found when clicking on blank user name box my details appear, then logged in, I never log out. Should I? Thanks for running the forum, It is a frequent look. David.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #248141 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Feedback on the new look site
The print and contrast seem to be a bone of contention. It is still almost unreadable on a phone or tablet for old eyes. The Forum Latest faded red column is particularly bad.

The whole point of any written page is communication, artistic appearance, style or uniqueness come dead last in the consideration.

How much better is the "Replied etc" line above each post. Why can't the posts be as clear? I think getting rid of the grey or darkening the print might be a good start.

The dud features and functions are being bowled over by Terry very promptly and the workability of the site is as good as ever (except remember log in)). I imagine he actually has a life outside the HVCV Forum and appreciate his time.

Here is a similar forum style (I have no idea what it is about) , still with the grey back ground but look how much clearer the print is.

Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Lang.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248142 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Feedback on the new look site
Did my eyes just get better?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248143 by 235mack
Same here

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248148 by asw120
I have not had the issue with being logged out, except that my phone and computer occasionally boot each other off the forum.
I have had no issues with the new version. Windows / Firefox.

Thanks, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #248151 by Swishy
L@@ks good Terry
I clicked on the Lodin @ bottom of screen LHS ............... then went to a post page and I wasn't logd in
U may need to have reply button more promenent than the Quick reply
I don't kno why the HCVC club are so disconected from this forum,   .......... they seem 2 B more involved with facebook where info quickly dissapeers
most of the information down the RHS may not be current  .............. been like th@ for a long time
B a good idea put the year up on all dates  ........ just so we kno what is current
Terry can only put up info he is notified about
All Good
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds