Skip to main content

swishy poll

More
9 years 1 month ago #156381 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: swishy poll

In my opinion the Number 1 most annoying thing about this forum?

The number of posts in I think now 5 different threads, made by people whinging that "the forum isn't as good as it used to be."

Irrespective of whether caravans should be posted or not -for example- the amount of sheer negativity surrounding this forum is going to drive people away, and ensure that the failure of the forum becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don't want to read post after post of whinge and complaint, and I'm sure not many others do either.

Here is a suggestion- and I'm surprised that no-one else has thought of it...
If you want to see more of something and less of another, start a thread about the thing you want to see, instead of a thread complaining about the thing you don't want to see.
It's easy, it shouldn't upset anyone, and it just may work.

Lets see how many posts I can get bagging this. 8-)

Grant.

Grant I wholeheartedly Agree...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #156382 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: swishy poll
I'm happy with the forum . But I do get confused about people cracking the $hts over small things ... & then becoming a ex member .. Life is way too short ,but I like to take this opertunity to thank you for having this forum in the first place

Just my 2c. Regards ken

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #156383 by
Replied by on topic Re: swishy poll
Looks like we have a MOD who is what I would call the Mr delete as I had my last post taken out just like swishy poll.

Looks like if you dont agree with the main mob your post will be delete :-[ :-[ :-[. Dave

More
9 years 1 month ago #156384 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: swishy poll
Morning all, I get on the forum from time to time & I add a comment where I can be relevant. If I am not interested in a certain post or a sequence of posts I just pass it over & go on to what I'm interested in. I see no point in raising a ruckus over something I don't have an interest in because I am neither the only reader on here nor do I own the forum. I totally agree with Rex & also Wilweld in their sentiments & feel there is room for many topics on here. We are all individuals & we don't all like the same things all of the time. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
9 years 1 month ago #156385 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: swishy poll

Looks like we have a MOD who is what I would call the Mr delete as I had my last post taken out just like swishy poll.

Looks like if you dont agree with the main mob your post will be delete :-[ :-[ :-[. Dave

Dave, I deleted your post because you told Wilweld to P#$% OFF..

& if you put it up again, I will delete It again!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 1 month ago #156386 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Re: swishy poll
Yesterday I raised a question regarding this topic and asked why the Poll was removed. To that question an answer has been published. Since then we have seen a number of posts where members are offering their opinions, and I agree with both Wilweld and Tim, the Mouse is in your hand and you are in control of where it takes you.
As for the situation with the current unrest within the Forum, may I offer a small piece of advice to the Management. While the Forum is not a Commercial Business, some basic rules of Business still apply and the one that is of the greatest importance "we have a problem" The rule is simple get to problem and fix it as fast as you can.
My limited understanding of what the problem or problems are seems to be more the need to update the system rather than reinvent the Forum. While there is a system in place to voice opinions on which direction the Forum will take, the method that has been adopted is taking too long and right now time is not a luxury the Forum can afford.
If the Management were to reconsider the situation and allow a Poll it would give a transparent outcome of what the Members think and above all else it would be quick.
As for my two bobs worth leave the structure of the Forum as is and find a more user friendly system.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
9 years 1 month ago #156387 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: swishy poll
Hi,

Re Wilweld Reply #8 above.

You know what?

Sometimes it does just all become to hard.

99% of us here on the Forum just want to have a bit of fun and a pleasant, constructive, conversational exchange of information with a group of like minded individuals with similar related interest.
We know how to play nice, and just get on with it.
We don't all have the same SPECIFIC interest but that is what makes it fun.

Others seem to want to own and control the whole bloody thing.

The whingers know not what they do and as one of the online Forum contributors that has learned to play nice. . .
I too am getting a little bit sick and tired of it and wondering if I should even bother to be interested.

If the HCVC wants to end their online experiment with the interweb computer thingy they will.
Let them go back to their blue inked hand cranked newsletters and let them play with their wooden wheeled chain driven fire engines in peace and solitude.
It will be a great loss to the whole commercial vehicle resto circle, but something else will take its place and then HCVC will be on the outer.

Sigh

-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
9 years 1 month ago #156388 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: swishy poll
here's my 2 bobs worth and then I'm going to go sit back in the corner and watch and hope that this all gets fixed to the majorities satisfaction.

1/ The mods & admins are doing the best that they can with what they have to work with so some respect to them would go a long way.

2/It looks like quite a few posts have been deleted...some i don't agree with but some I do.For instance any post that bags out or is likely to offend other members should be deleted....BUT.....as in the deleted post above I would suggest the Mods not just delete the post but give the poster 1 strike for breaking forum protocol....dont wait for 3...make it 2 strikes and you lose posting "privileges".

3/ Which brings me to the most important point....10 years ago none of us would have had the opportunity to use a forum like this....it is a privilege to have access to this forum...not a right.....the forum is here for like minded people to share ideas,thoughts,stories and information!!
Again....years ago there was no such opportunity!!!
There might be some issues with uploads or computer thingy's ...but......for gods sake be thankful that there is a forum at all.....because in years gone by us older gentlemen didn't have the opportunity to use forums like this.

I respectfully suggest that if this place is soooo bad and upsets you sooooo much then please leave and close the door gently behind you and then hopefully those that really value this place can get on with enjoying what the HCVC forum has to offer.

Thats it.....over to you guys.

Newto (registered corner sitter)

More
9 years 1 month ago #156389 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: swishy poll
I read Daves reply last night, and replied to it , but it was already removed by the time i posted . I could not remove the post,so I posted again to say that a Moderator had removed the offending post .
.I see these two posts are removed , That is OK with me ,
But Why is it that Moderators have to keep removing This offending stuff ,time after time .If Dave or anyone else keeps on having no respect for the forum or its members,
Isn't it time , if the forum structure has it in place for his posts to have to be Approved by a moderator before posting .
Is it censorship , Yes .,But i for one don't want to read of attacks on other forum members .
How many more good forum members are we to lose .
I know of one high profile member that has left ,Has not gone EX member , just deleted all reference to the forum off his computer .

More
9 years 1 month ago #156390 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: swishy poll
Newto, thanks for putting up your 2 bob's worth. It's a great post & points out that we didn't have access to this technology 10 or so years ago & the other thing is that did "any of us know of the existance" of the other forum contributors 10 or so years ago. We chat & exchange info through the forum, we get to put faces to names at shows & generally look forward to meeting up around the country. Cheers Tim ;)
ps. I still need to learn how to post piccies though.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds