Skip to main content

swishy poll

More
9 years 2 months ago #156391 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: swishy poll
Thanks for the support. This stuff all takes time and people have work & family commitments and other hobbies as well that this has to fit into.

As stated above the reason for the poll being removed is that the feedback is already being gathered via another method by the committee so it was to keep all the information going via the one route.

Just as everybody who has had a car licence for 15 minutes thinks hey know how to drive a truck (particularly older ones) than the qualified, experienced truck driver even if they have never driven a car without power steering, automatic, ABS, Traction Control and ESC. it is becoming the same with the IT industry. Just because people know how to use a PC doesn't mean they understand how the systems actually work nor the work involved in setting up, testing, converting the existing threads etc.

I have already said that if I had to estimate this as a paid for project it would be 5 to 6 weeks full time work for 3 people. As we are doing it with volunteers the realistic schedule is 5 to 6 months (as people can only give about a day a week). The meeting that got it rolling was only 6 weeks ago. Give people a chance to get it done.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #156392 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: swishy poll
I have to agree with Newto on this one. Why are the trouble makers allowed to continue with their posts without censure. As Newto said, 2 strikes and you are out for a while, continue, and their posts have to be passed by Admins before it is posted. The number of knowledgeable people we have lost due to abuse has to be cause for concern. As a lot of others have already stated, if you don't like a topic don't look at it. Because you don't like it doesn't mean everybody else dislikes it.

More
9 years 2 months ago #156393 by Wilweld
Replied by Wilweld on topic Re: swishy poll
Hi all,

I missed Dave's post last night, and while I'm sure it would have been highly educational, enlightening and possibly entertaining to have read, the fact that it was gone before I even had a chance to see it just highlights the amount of effort that the mods and admin go to to keep this whole thing rolling along.

Thanks Guys.

Grant.

'79 F100- 302c 4spd&&'81 F350- Isuzu 6BB1&&Chamberlain Industrial MK11  (6G)

More
9 years 2 months ago #156394 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Re: swishy poll
Southbound's 22c worth

A big thanks to the HCVC for this forum
A big thanks to the moderators of this forum
A big thanks to the good folk who preserve old trucks, machinery and other old stuff
A big thanks to the people who contribute on here with events, photos and information

And to the people on this forum who are always positive, friendly and helpful, Thanks
Cheers Ross

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
9 years 2 months ago #156395 by Debo
Replied by Debo on topic Re: swishy poll
The forum is great! :) thanks to all who make it happen.
but :( 3 things annoy me.
1. sometimes the forum is slow to load >:(
2. people who write (talk) before thinking >:(
3. it is difficult to load photos (not necessarily the forums fault. ::))
I've said it before but I'll say it again
"If you have nothing nice to say (write) then don't say (write) anything" ;)
Cheers Debo 8-)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #156396 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: swishy poll
Hi,

Hear hear Debo.

Well said.

-b

The slow load may be a local connection thing.
I'm City on a wifi modem and it works well 98% of the time.

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Bobsboy.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 2 months ago #156397 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: swishy poll
OK

Eye put up a post wiff a Poll
ask n wot U all wanted on the 4M
eye also stated th@ it twaz not an official Poll
jist to let U all have u're say
the post twas removed by a Moderator
th@ stated

I have deleted your forum poll as there is an official process for giving feedback and we don't need to confuse people. I know you put the disclaimer up that your poll wasn't official and wouldn't mean much, but their has been too much talk about the forum and not enough about old trucks lately

May B the person responsible for the new 4M should also read this 4M 4 wot our requests R

email request for feedback

feedback@hcvc.com.au.

WotSezU?

Cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #156398 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: swishy poll
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPxkmDIFub-fT0TMq7zGHjkrK56MrDgGawy3N-0la6736ER7Uk

edit:
eye jus bin finkin sumun iz trina ster up duh possums

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
9 years 2 months ago #156399 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: swishy poll
well Debo's on the money I reckon I would say the only problem I would like fixed is number 2 the others I can live with but saying that I cant under stand about the photo thing but it does work and I can understand how it could be frustrating for people
The speed it takes to work well it can make the visit to the forum that much more fun the ride lasts longer
and as Forest Gump says " thats about all I got to say about that " :D :D

Paul

Now Bobs boy you better fill me in about the possum ???
it's not on a truck in a truck or a truck there has gotta be more to the story to keep me hanging to long :-?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds