Skip to main content

Online workshop manuals??

More
8 years 3 months ago #166328 by Dave_64
Went looking for a workshop manual for a 1978 D5N 200 series Dodge and came up with quite a few references to 'online' services'.
Have never used them as such myself, have enough trouble writing an email or a forum post!.'

Has anyone ever used them? The online workshop manuals I mean? If I have this right, you are supposed to lodge your credit card details before you can even access their library. Sounds a bit dodgy (excuse the pun!) to me, but could be on the level. Seems you pay a subscription, once your details are checked, they then give you access to downloading rights so you can save it to your computer, print it into hard copy when you need it.

As I said, I have never had any dealings with this sort of technobabble, maybe it's the way it's done these days. I'm used to throwing my library card on the counter, even for workshop manuals, waiting to see if they can locate them, then sneakily photostating the required pages.
So, has anyone used these type of online services? Were you happy with what you paid for? Not gonna start handing out my credit card details to any Bozo and then find out that they don't even have the manuals I want.

Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #166332 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Online workshop manuals??
Davo
Gudday M8

Have U tried Stephen Larcombe at Plough Book Sales (down Geelong way)

[img

Clikity ........................................................... ClikClikClik

(The above pic may jog somebodys memory n offer up said book / contents)

B OK ifn U put it on u're wish list or win the Lottery

IF U got the original front axle n tiz all together
sureley not hard to x amine n carefully disassemble one side @ a time
n put the U Bute new bits in ....... n wen happy do tuther side

Sez me jist an armchair critic

LOL

cya

EDIT: ............ Nuther Link of pix

www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/3...d-trucks-down-under/

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Swishy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
8 years 3 months ago #166352 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Online workshop manuals??
Dave, I get most of my manuals from online. In most cases, once you pay for it, it is then available to download and save on your computer. Most of the reputable sites have the option to pay with a credit card via PayPal, so at least your covered if something goes wrong. I have purchased quite a few and have never had a problem. I have never subscribed to anything, and only paid for what I downloaded.

Some sites will offer just one version, others will have several versions that you can preview and then choose which one you want. Some versions are simply scanned from an original book and others are a computer generated type from a CD. It does pay to shop around, as some manuals will come with bonus bits like wiring diagrams and service bulletins that are not normally with an original manual.

I use these sites, among others....

www.tradebit.com/G/manuals

farmmanualsfast.com/

www.farmmanualsfree.com/

But in every case, I support an Aussie by trying Plough Book Sales first.

www.ploughbooksales.com.au/

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #166353 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Online workshop manuals??
Hello Dave,
Have a look at Morawa District Historical Society here in WA, according to their website they seem to have what you require and scan manuals on to a CD.
David.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by wouldyou.

More
8 years 3 months ago #166366 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Online workshop manuals??
Thanks Men,
Shot both the Westralian people and the Geelong guy a quick email.
BTW, that Geelong chap had a few interesting photo's on his website anyone interested in old machinery.
Cheers, Dave

More
8 years 3 months ago #166599 by Dave_64
Had a look at Morowa, they don't have a workshop manual, nor does any of the 3 online sites given. The State library DOES have a copy, but not for sale. can't borrow it direct, but local library should be able to do so on my behalf.

That Geelong bloke has one for almost as much as I paid for the whole truck. I have bought a few odd books off him before. I emailed him and it's a combination workshop/full parts manual.
Dave

More
8 years 2 months ago #166877 by Dave_64
Thanks for help, Guys! Local library gave me a chop out and have ordered one in for a looksee!
Dave

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds