1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #251103 by Lang
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #251106 by Mrsmackpaul
All the carry on on the media about how bad things are and yet I fail to see it

I reckon it all isn't to bad despite what the media say

Work is easy to find if you want to work and pay seams to me to be the best it has ever been

Even money in the bank if you have any is finally earning some interest

Even the truck shows and the like are getting good numbers

Yes I don't think things are to bad at all

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, PaulFH

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #251109 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Maybe we are not so bad off?
And this is total economy size. Considering China has cities larger than the entire Australian population we are doing pretty well. Australians are the second richest people in the world individually and 12th richest nation in total out of 200 countries.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis

More
1 month 1 week ago #251114 by mammoth
If it wasn't for digging holes in the ground and sending results overseas (with zero value adding) we would be in quite a predicament.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 month 1 week ago #251121 by Gryphon

All the carry on on the media about how bad things are and yet I fail to see it

I reckon it all isn't to bad despite what the media say

Work is easy to find if you want to work and pay seams to me to be the best it has ever been

Even money in the bank if you have any is finally earning some interest

Even the truck shows and the like are getting good numbers

Yes I don't think things are to bad at all

Paul

Headlines like "Things are Good" and "Life is Okay" doesn't sell newspapers, get people to click buttons or get outraged in the media or online.

A truer headline would be "Some people are doing it really hard, but the majority are fine and some are even better off"

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, grandad, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #251123 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Maybe we are not so bad off?
Steve

I think there is a lot of "If the Queen had balls she would be King" in this hole-in-the-ground handwringing.

Yes we could take advantage of secondary processing but how do high living standard expectations and a union driven workforce compete economically with unlimited cheap labour in countries unfettered by red tape?

Everything comes from the earth. If Brazil did not have rain they could not use the earth to produce their beef. If the Mediterranean did have rain they could not use the earth to produce their olives.

We use what we have to become the second richest individuals on the face of the earth. The fact we are lucky alters nothing. The stuff in the ground will be in demand (up and down) and will not run out for centuries.
The bottom line is we are miners and growers, the Chinese are makers, All the West are service providers. The Third World is somewhere in the transition from miner, grower, maker to a service economy.. It has stumbled along automatically balancing since the Egyptians. Peaks and troughs between haves and have nots amongst nations (and internally as well) but we have managed to survive to see the possibility of our economic success breeding us out of existence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, eerfree, Mrsmackpaul, 235mack, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds