Skip to main content

Advice Needed Please

More
12 years 1 month ago #78867 by EzyLivin
Replied by EzyLivin on topic Re: Advice Needed Please
From what i can gather, everyone believes i will fail because i havent spent time in the road transport industry.

From the people around me, they tell me its not rocket science, one of which has 30 years experience. People book freight, you pick it up , cart it and drop it off.

Yet people here are hinting otherwise.

Could ya please fill me as to what is so hard? So i can go back and question my advice.

Of course i know all about costs, repairs, delays, non payment etc, they can all be minimised with procedures and planning in place. Plus with a contract all these will be addressed and an agreement made.

Ive been in international shipping transport for over 7 years, and imported and exported my own products for the last 2 with 150K a year turnover from my spare room. I can think quick, follow plans and adapt very quickly to changes.

At 20 years old i was foreman of multi million dollar shipments , telling blokes with 40 years experience what to do. So i am aware of the little things that can change from day to day, the small delays and how to deal with them etc etc.

The only way is to plan for them. Have procedures in place, have contracts stipulating what occurs at such times and make sure that everything is agreed too with all concerned.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #78868 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Advice Needed Please
Ezylivin, no offence mate, but you've asked for advice, both negative and positive, and you now have it. I think it maybe time to draw this subject to a close as the positive input is starting to turn into bit of attack and defend, and as such I'm going to lock the thread. I sincerley wish you the best with your business venture's. Please feel free to keep interacting on the forum, as I said, I think it's time this draws to a close though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds