Skip to main content

Britstand FE Loader.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175481 by D8H
Britstand FE Loader. was created by D8H
In a Power Farming Magazine(April 1958, page121) there is a short write up regarding a BRITSTAND PL17H FRONT-END LOADER.
It is fitted to a Fordson Major tractor, via a special loader sub frame, having a heavy duty front axle & truck tyres.
Has a 17cuft bucket, a 29GPM, 800lb hydraulic pump. The complete unit including the tractor sold for 2,400pounds(4,800 dollars).
I have a collection of PF magazines and this is the only reference that I have seen in regard to this FEL.
Has anyone ever come across one of these units.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175484 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Britstand FE Loader.
Britstand rippers, scrapers, terracing blades, dozer blades low loaders but have never seen a loader on a Fordson of the Britstand brand I think I recall seeing in a Plough Book sales catalog a product manual for Britstand ???

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Anonymous
7 years 6 months ago #175512 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Britstand FE loader
Re the Britstand front end loader, years ago, '60s & early '70s, I used to operate a Britstand grader, about the size of a Cat 12. It was powered by a Leyland 600 and was devoid of hydraulics. All actions were controlled by dog clutches By the end of a big day, your hands and wrists would ache and that was from the clutches that didn't jump out and hammer your arms. Steve.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds