Skip to main content

Re-power D5N 300

More
7 years 1 month ago #181372 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re-power D5N 300
Lots of work for something that would probably not appeal to anyone else come sale time. It would be difficult to convert a forward control jappa to accept the dodge cab. If you really want some life less jap shitter then just buy one and maybe keep the Dodge as is rather than destroying it, all comes down to what you want to end up with and how much work and money you want to input to get there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #181377 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re-power D5N 300

600Dodge wrote: If you really want some life less jap shitter then just buy one

After driving plenty of Dodges with V8 petrols and also driving later model Isuzu I can tell you the later model as in anything up to say 15 - 20 years old would blow the doors off a V8 petrol Dodge and would use two tenths of the fuel doing it and would do for 100' of 1000's of km longer

If you think other wise you have your head in petrol soaked V8 Dodge clouds

Even in their day they werent very powerful for their weight

Todays little Jap trucks will sit on 100 km/h up hill down dale head wind tail wind side wind full load and empty they are a world apart as a matter of a fact they make the old Dodge feel like its from last century, oh hang on they are LOL

I reckon you would get a lot more bang for your buck doing something like this than you would change bits and pieces over trying to make a 1960 's or 70's truck keep up with modern trucks
Just saying

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 1 month ago #181381 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re-power D5N 300
Paul, not as silly as it sounds. Bloke was telling me he was toying with the idea of using a Toyota Coaster bus chassis, reasonably late model, stripping the bus body off and dropping some sort of early cab over shed on it. Probably would still require an engineers report, but still get parts easily, plus all the mod cons like power steering etc. So it doesn't have a thumping V8, but as a project? Worth consideration. Dave

More
7 years 1 month ago #181385 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Re-power D5N 300
I believe the armoured car crowd have beaten you by at least twenty years.Most will have noticed Jap trucks with Inter Dline front end sheet metal.Regards John.

More
7 years 1 month ago #181393 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re-power D5N 300

Mrsmackpaul wrote:

600Dodge wrote: If you really want some life less jap shitter then just buy one

After driving plenty of Dodges with V8 petrols and also driving later model Isuzu I can tell you the later model as in anything up to say 15 - 20 years old would blow the doors off a V8 petrol Dodge and would use two tenths of the fuel doing it and would do for 100' of 1000's of km longer

If you think other wise you have your head in petrol soaked V8 Dodge clouds

Even in their day they werent very powerful for their weight

Todays little Jap trucks will sit on 100 km/h up hill down dale head wind tail wind side wind full load and empty they are a world apart as a matter of a fact they make the old Dodge feel like its from last century, oh hang on they are LOL

I reckon you would get a lot more bang for your buck doing something like this than you would change bits and pieces over trying to make a 1960 's or 70's truck keep up with modern trucks
Just saying

Paul

You got in the last paragraph, If you want a Dodge thats what you want, if you want some jap diesel thing then thats what you want, they are poles apart, I hate diesel shit, I love Dodges and especially V8 petrol Dodges, I wouldn't like to see old mate destroy a decent Dodge when what he is looking for is some lifeless jap thing with a stinky diesel in it, many good, old cars and trucks have been destroyed by misinformed fools looking to make them go like newer models, Ive seen Dodge cabs on one tonner chassis, F100 cabs on one tonner chassis blah blah blah but none of them were as good as the original vehicle, better off saving time and energy and if you want 30mpg, 100kmh air con comfort then buy a chino, chisuzu whatever and be happy with that.

More
7 years 1 month ago #181399 by Dave_64
Only 20 years? Damn, thought we were onto something there, back to the drawing board I guess!
Maybe a Commer Karrier Shed dumped onto some diesel powered Nippon Special?
Of course would have to be long enough in the chassis to take the modified gearbox, just finished.
Too much time on me hands!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 1 month ago #181400 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re-power D5N 300
Cogz
M80
Wot B the rev drop BTween each cog hole
Thanx in advance
cya
ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 1 month ago #181401 by Coloze
Replied by Coloze on topic Re-power D5N 300
Mate I've absolutely no idea, bought the truck drove it home 300 klm then started to dismantle, sorry I can't help.

More
7 years 1 month ago #181407 by Dave_64
Swishy, Rather than clogging up somebody else's post, I'll try and answer it under "Altering Transmission Input Gearing"
Dave

More
7 years 1 month ago #181418 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re-power D5N 300
600 Dodge man Im a big believer in people doing what ever floats their boat as thats pretty much what I do
I reckon if someone is putting their hard earned up they can do what ever they want cut up what some people consider to be the most prized possession if they have bought it and paid for it they can do what ever they want
We cant take none of this old rubbish with us when we are gone
I would expect most people would frown upon my suggestion but had I have said little 53 series GM people would be going what a great idea
To me it doesnt matter this junk will only rust away to nothing in the end so someone might as well get some fun out of hot rodding it

And whom are you or I to judge what someone else should or shouldnt do, hell I dont even know what Im doing my self most times

It's a sad day when we start telling people how their trucks should be

And some people have asked why I never take my old junk to shows heck I dont even go to shows much to many rules these days and the fun is fast going from shows I reckon

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds