More
9 years 10 months ago #145590 by scratcha
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG

finalyy got the little M home, 734 km round trip, towed her with the great wall, plenty to do now!

How do i find what year it is?

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #145591 by mammoth
Hard to tell with Bedfords but these people will have a good idea of build date. The serial number which follows the model (MSZ) is the chassis No.
www.acwbedford.com.au/
Part of the difficulty was that yours was built in England and then exported to Aus where it was fitted with the Holden cab. There were only a few minor changes between first and last, such as headlamp lens and bonnet badge.

More
9 years 9 months ago #145592 by scratcha
Thanks mammoth, appreciate the time. ;)

More
9 years 9 months ago #145593 by scratcha
Ive had a quick once over the old girl to see what work is required, so far it seem bugger all, just need to .....

do the bodywork & paint it
recon/ replace/ upgrade the brakes
retrim the interior
full rewire
give the steering and suspension a tidy up
replaced the tyres
fit a tray (sort of under control)
fit an exhaust
and reco the siezed engine, other than that , its a goer!
:) ;) :D ;D :o

Having a look at the new regs for the CPS, I may replace the engine with a chev 6 and an overdrive box,the brake master cylinder is cactus, an upgrade to a later model from a different manufacturer may be the go, ill have to see what comes around....any thoughts?

More
9 years 9 months ago #145594 by geoffb

More
9 years 9 months ago #145595 by jon_d
Geoff,

Congrats, may I suggest the following,

Book it into ACW in Bayswater and get them to give you a list everything needed for a RWC and registration.

I did it with the bus and got a list 2 pages long. (cost about $300). Everything they pointed out was worn out, and things they didn't, were not worn out.

Right down to things like: "bottom pin on the rear of rear right shackle but the top one is ok"

More
9 years 9 months ago #145596 by AT4114
Top looking old truck scratcha always liked the early bedfords plenty of character and yours looks to be a very solid example looking forward to your posts during its restoration cheers Bryant :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #145597 by grahamjb
Looks like a great project with all of the parts intact.

I still don't get why GM put ford in the name of one of their trucks

More
9 years 9 months ago #145598 by scratcha
Ive been dorking out whats needed for the resto, looking at the diff change slowspeed has with the KR and trying to work out what angle ill take with my banger (assembling parts to get a good roll on soon as it warms up a bit) I did the old spin the wheel and count the tailshaft turns per the one wheel turn, Ive come up with 3.2 to 1? doesnt seem right? (1 wheel turn V 3.2 of the tail shaft) I checked it 4 times.

The other thing is the engine is solidly seized, I may have access to a 253 holden motor, im not looking at hotrodding it, just get it back on the road. with the new regulations for the M status on the historic permits, will this be legal?
I'll be updating the brake master cylinder to a split system (I took out the post out front of the newsagent in mansfield in my landrover many moons ago when I blew a wheel cylinder) :o

thoughts?

More
9 years 9 months ago #145599 by asw120
3.2 turns, with the other wheel still on the ground? If so, 6.4:1.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds