Skip to main content

M series Bedford home, the fun starts

More
9 years 9 months ago #145610 by Backyard Fixer
Could it be an air tank for horn?

Or water trap in fuel system?

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #145611 by scratcha
thanks for the reply yardy, No its neither of these, the fittings screwed into the side of the block near the oil pressure sender unit.

Maybe i should put this in the watzit page! ::)

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
9 years 9 months ago #145612 by Bugly
Hi Scratcha - it is probably a 'bypass oil filter' which picks up oil under pressure, filters it, and returns it to the sump. It is called a bypass filter as it is not inline with the pressurised oil feed, therefore not all the oil is being filtered during this process. The canister should come apart for cleaning the filter inside.

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 9 months ago #145613 by Beaver
Those filters are described in old Ryco catalogs as being "throw away type", you can't service them.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 9 months ago #145614 by scratcha
grille, radiator and doors removed tonight, pressure cleaner carked it, so the cleaning has stopped....still no rust! :D

More
9 years 9 months ago #145615 by scratcha
got the sandblasted fired up at work tonight (this morning) :o

Got a bit done
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG

Its like eating an elephant, one mouthful at a time, eventually youll get there! ;)

More
9 years 9 months ago #145616 by scratcha
just a quick one, in the first photo of the last lot i posted, there is a stencil under the paint i removed from the floor/ gearbox panel, is it datable?

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #145617 by mammoth
That looks like the steel works, etched on. Could be a Welsh steel rolling mills - R, T, & B at Ebbw Vale, Long since closed down. The numbers probably indicate thickness, alloy, heat treatment etc, but could be a date.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by mammoth.

More
9 years 9 months ago #145618 by scratcha
thanks mammoth :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #145619 by scratcha
Done a few more things over the last week, its been bloody freezing and working 12 hour nightshifts are making it hard to find time.

Donk out
[IMG

started to knock out the dings in the front guards, no rust, just fatigue cracks from a life well used
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG][URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/user/scratcha66/media/20140820_121834_zpsee957e4b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/scratcha66/20140820_121834_zpsee957e4b.jpg[/img]
Still torn on the repower issue, I really want it usable for club type runs, run up to the farm without disturbing the interstaters too much (the old blokes dont worry too much, but some of the attitudes ive seen from the younger ones worry me a bit) so need 80 to 100kph capability.
I have access to an isuzu truck with real bad cab rust for a song, 4cly diesel , OD box etc, but dunno yet.it will do 100.
A holden 6 may be a goer, it wont be working hard (the truck that is) ;) I love slowspeeds truck, but dont have the coin to go that way and the engineering worries me (cost wise)
So at present, its just tickle away at it ans put pennies aside for the expensive stuff :o

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds