Skip to main content

Carbie replacement.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152890 by AT4 353
Replied by AT4 353 on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
what type of Carter do you have? holley carbies are easier to get parts/ jets and easy to tune compared to Carters. I also have a 465 vac secondary holley carby up for grabs, also a Carter thermoquad and a AVS. Fuel usage would depend on gearing, engine specs, vehicle weight and state of tune e.g. ( compression, timing, spark plugs, air cleaner and of course carby condition.

she'll be Jake.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152891 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
G'day I fitted a 500 two brrl Holley to a customers 318 a couple of years ago and he still rates it as the best thing he's ever done ( even better than the A/C :o :o).
He claims it pulls better and gives better fuel eco and also got rid of that annoying flat spot carters are prone to develop. Bought a full reco of fleabay and adaptor plate from repco and we were away.

Jon

More
9 years 4 months ago #152892 by AT4114
Replied by AT4114 on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
Hey backyard I swaped out the old factory 2bbl carter on my old 318 CL charger for a 4bbl Holley setup what a transformation it made even the fuel economy improved the 4 bbl realy woke that motor up I think you will be pleased with the conversion should you swap out the 2 bbl did I mention the induction roar :D :D :D

More
9 years 4 months ago #152893 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
The Holley 600 you will find uses less fuel than the 2bbl Holley 500 (the 500 also has extra large accelerator pumps)

More
9 years 4 months ago #152894 by AT4114
Replied by AT4114 on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
Spot on kenny never had much luck with the 2bbl Holley carbs economy wise with the mopar small block ;)

More
9 years 4 months ago #152895 by spc383
Replied by spc383 on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
Oven cleaner on the paint. Aeroguard works well on fresh spraypaint and graffiti.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152896 by Backyard Fixer
2 BBL to 4BBL. Do I have to change my intake or will I get away with an adaptor?

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

More
9 years 4 months ago #152897 by Backyard Fixer

Hey backyard I swaped out the old factory 2bbl carter on my old 318 CL charger for a 4bbl Holley setup what a transformation it made even the fuel economy improved the 4 bbl realy woke that motor up I think you will be pleased with the conversion should you swap out the 2 bbl did I mention the induction roar :D :D :D

Will the 2 1/2 inch stainless stakes get louder?

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

More
9 years 4 months ago #152898 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
Best to change your intake.. Doubt the exhaust will get louder unless you listen to the sounds of the cobwebs getting blown out

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #152899 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationtry this stuff, Melamine Foam

It's magic for cleaning and polishing things like chrome and stainless.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by jon_d.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds