Skip to main content

Carbie replacement.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152900 by Backyard Fixer
I went with a 500 Holley cause my mate had a second hand one off this speedway car. My mate is yet to tune it, but it has sure had a big power boost.

On the chrome cleaning side, Turps worked fine.

I am still chasing half the left strip as it had been cut short for some unknown reason.

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152901 by RossH
Replied by RossH on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
A driver came in the dock one night with his truck covered in graffiti. I suggested aerogard and he was happy to try it as he had already tried every product from his kitchen, laundry and shed. A perfect result and he ended up polishing the truck as well while he waited to load. Have since tried it on old graffiti on colorbond fences. A bit more effort but it works.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152902 by Nickel
Replied by Nickel on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
Rubbing chrome parts with Alfoil removes grime and fine scratches and returns the original shine of the plating. Would also remove paint if it's just overspray.

Nickel

GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152903 by philip
Replied by philip on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
a 350 holley is plenty and cheap to buy any thing else is to big on a standard engine unless ur going to rev the engine over 5000 rpm there will be not enough air speed through the carby and it wont work properly.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152904 by Cocky
Replied by Cocky on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
I'm with you Phillip. The 350 Holley gives good torque on the 318 and even better with low to mid revs matching cam.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152905 by harpo
Replied by harpo on topic Re: Carbie replacement.

I'm with you Phillip. The 350 Holley gives good torque on the 318 and even better with low to mid revs matching cam.

Has your mates ex speedway holley got the right Jets and power valve set up the vacuum of your engine?? As said by others it would be money well spent to by a fully rebuilt 350 from Flea bay etc. IMO :o

d.l.marks&&( harpo)&&     on&&LA SNAIL -(69 beddie)&&&

More
9 years 3 months ago #152906 by philip
Replied by philip on topic Re: Carbie replacement.
just buy a brand new one cheap as and it will work

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds