Skip to main content

How to build tray

More
7 years 11 months ago #170878 by trucksyd
Replied by trucksyd on topic How to build tray
Geez ,thanks for your help gents , I've never done this before but I notice on a dodge chassis there are two railway type sleepers above the full length, then above the timber are two steel rails, then cross beams to support the tray ?,then the tray timber above the cross beams ...that's a great idea Lang , I never thought I've taking it direct to the wrecker to fit.....I will start checking local wreckers ...thanks again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #170880 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic How to build tray
some other things to think about if you use Aussie hard wood the tray will be as heavy as lead, well mayb not lead but you get my drift steel trays are a lot lighter and last a lot longer
Also when you mount a tray make them as low as you can so the tyres just buff the tray when the axle is on the stops very rarely will the axle travel that far but the trays a lot lower for life lifting stuff on and off gets heaps easier and for bigger stuff I guess if you go to shows and the like its a lot safer loading and unloading

Those wooden bearers are sized to get the clearance between the tyre and tray

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 10 months ago #171029 by AT4 353
Replied by AT4 353 on topic How to build tray
I have timbers to suit a 153 inch wheel base AT4,353 Dodge. yours for free if you want to pick them up. they are near Canberra

she'll be Jake.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171298 by Old Yella
Replied by Old Yella on topic How to build tray
Pity you're not a bit closer, I have a tray off a Dodge, timber no good but steel frame good. $100.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171302 by trucksyd
Replied by trucksyd on topic How to build tray
thanks for your help 353 & yella , im to far ...thanks anyway.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds