Skip to main content

International Harvester AA110?

More
12 years 3 months ago #70193 by MLC Mid Life Crisis
Well it has arrived today and she is a thing of beauty!
I'm still trying to ascertian to build date.
Chassis No is AA4923
Eng No AGD 240 10358
Looking at it I will need to do the whole brake system.....
Did they make disc brake to fit these?
Where can I get a Lucas distributor cap for it ?
looks like there is some brackets missing from the Shockies does anyone have any?

Kind Regards&&Clive&&&&... and to think "I was taught to be cautious&qu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #70194 by bparo
re the Lucas distributor cap - if it is the same as the one on the AR series then I would recommend replacing it with the Bosch ones from the later motors.

the reason, back in 2004/5 I spent 6 months locating one for my AR. The place had 2 and one of them was cracked. The bosch ones are more easily found

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 3 months ago #70195 by MLC Mid Life Crisis
so how hard are they to find?

More
12 years 3 months ago #70196 by bparo
could not find them at the normal auto-parts chains. My brother chased up for me via all his normal suppliers and then some over 6 to 8 months only to continuously be told 'they were obsolete parts no longer manifactured not held in stock' I then found one at Automotive Surplus who buy obsolete stock.

At that time it was the last one but as the continuously by obsolete stock from workshops or suppliers closing down they may have more by now. All I can suggest is if you find a supplier buy a couple as you can't get them in a hurry so it may pay to carry a spare.

The rotor buttons on the other hand are the same as used on Bedfords in the period and available

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

12 years 3 months ago #70197 by
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationDid anyone on the forum buy the copy of the IH AA-line release, dealers information booklet, that sold on eBay yesterday?
I had a stab, but my budget was obviously a lot less than the winners budget. I wouldn't mind purchasing a copy of the booklet, if the buyer is on the forum.

More
12 years 3 months ago #70198 by MLC Mid Life Crisis
does anyone have a list of good sites for parts
also I'm looking for front drivers siide bottom shockie casting and a lefthand side bonnet hinge
All help gratefully revceived and faithfully applied

More
12 years 3 months ago #70199 by MLC Mid Life Crisis
Hi Everyone
Has anyone sucsessfully put disc brakes onto a AA110?
Has anyone got a timing indicator plate for indicating timing advance on the harmonic balancer?

12 years 3 months ago #70200 by
Don't know about disc brakes as I tend to keep my trucks as original as possible.

But as for the timing plate. What engine do you have in the AA110.

You mention you have a AGD240 they don't have any timing indicator plates (well mine doesn't in my AB!). It has a single mark and hole on the distributor side on the flywheel to indicate TDC. To then set the distributor advance use the plate on the distributor.

My method is to set the distributor to 0 then set the TDC using the flywheel mark and distributor with the clamp. Then loosen the fine adjustment bolt and set the advance on the marks on the distributor.

Takes longer to say in words than in a picture. If I get a chance will get some images for you tonight.

12 years 3 months ago #70201 by
As promissed. A couple of pages scanned from my AB manual which also has a 240 engine so should be similar.

Page 2

Image of the Timing mark on the 240

Hope this helps.

More
12 years 3 months ago #70202 by bosscat
Great choice for a resto. I think that the cab & window rubber kits for a dodge AT4/D5N will also fit AA & later Inters. These kits contain all cab rubber & bailey channels.
I understand that the only change in the cab is in the profile of the leading edge of the doors where they join the mudguards, Chrysler Aust made the cabs for both.

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds