Skip to main content

Saved a old Inter from the scrappy today 453 GM

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #79772 by q4016lanz
They tried to lift it with the hiab but it would'nt lift it. they stuffed the cab thats the only reasion i ended up with it. did IH put 453 GMs in dual cab inters etc. i got the motor runing. like to find a cab for it one day. can you re cab with older cab and get it registered? :)

Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by q4016lanz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #79773 by kenny-mopar
thats a nice find shame the buggers stuffed the cab .. no inter didnt have factory detroits fitted .. (would of been a good move though! )

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #79774 by ianoz
John , Pity your mate never turned up earlier. I would have slipped over with the Volvo and picked it up for you .

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #79775 by q4016lanz
Yes Ian and Kenny would have made it easier but we went over this morning checked it out because my mate did'nt know what type off GM it was i sill dont know what gearbox it has yet they had cut the fuel lines had them stuck in a coke bottle of diesel got it in 4th gear and it run out of yard :) we picked it up with the old 160 cummins she needed a run :)

I wonder if i could put this cab on and be road leagl

Hear is a pic of driver side of box cant see any tags anyone know brand

and left side has two pto plates

The gearbox is a lot longer than 5sp box behind C160
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by q4016lanz.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #79776 by Bugly
Lorry Builder might be able to give you a few tips on how to repair the cab! ;) ;D

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #79777 by q4016lanz

Lorry Builder might be able to give you a few tips on how to repair the cab! ;) ;D

Yes looks like i need lorry :) I got it for the 453 GM motor and box at first i will have a good look at it tomorow :)

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #79778 by ianoz
Yeah , I reckon Lorry would have that cab sorted Quick smart .

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #79779 by q4016lanz

thats a nice find shame the buggers stuffed the cab .. no inter didnt have factory detroits fitted .. (would of been a good move though! )

Hi Kenny i have another inter 653 GM factory fitted :)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #79780 by Cunning Stunt
A mate just had a look at the pics, he's quite sure that it's a Commer 6 speed overdrive synchro box. Very popular behind 4 cyl detroits

Some play hard to get

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #79781 by q4016lanz

A mate just had a look at the pics, he's quite sure that it's a Commer 6 speed overdrive synchro box. Very popular behind 4 cyl detroits

Thanks mate hope you are right that will be good it's a big heavy and long box What is the gear change patern in those commer boxes please :) :) thanks john
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by q4016lanz.

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds