Skip to main content

1972 Diamond Reo for sale

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #12148 by Cher
Hi guys... my fella is selling his 1972 Diamond Reo so I thought I'd put some details up here... motor 290 cummins & has done approx. 80,000 k's since full rebuild with 15 speed o/d RR. Recent work done/additions... all new front end, bull lights, radiator, wheel bearings and hub seals, horton fan, stainless guards, air horns, all lights replaced, eldorado air seat, brakes done recently, good tyres, sports muffler, stacks, 32in sleeper with new mattress, wind screens (slight crack in one, happened while putting in). Needs little work. Currently unreg. was previously reg. in Vic. ULI-148. $35,000 Can call 0408301000 with enquiries.
Hope the pic I attached worked ok (and the date on the photo is wrong, it was taken last week)
Cheers,
Cher

i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/cher_021/DiamondReo.jpg

i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/cher_021/DiamondReoRear.jpg
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Cher.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #12149 by Swishy

Cher
HowDo
I'll talk to U even if no one else will
LOL
Tell Sonny
he'z got nice lookn lorry
hope he gets to sell it
But
ifn he duzn't
tell him to trot it down to Sandown Truck Show in November
Cos it'z a reeeeel head turner

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #12150 by bigcam
It`s a nice bit of gear Cher,someone has spent a lot of time on it.If you get onto the ATHS they`ll probobly stick it in their newsletter as well.I`ve got thier details if you want them.Their newsletter only just came out,so it`ll be another couple of months till the next one.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12151 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: 1972 Diamond Reo for sale
Also email the details to editorAThcvc.com.au (replace AT with @ - this is to try to prevent spam). The Monitor (thier month newsletter) comes out each month and content is required around the 1st weekend of the month and arrives in members letterboxes approx 3 weeks later. There is no fee for ads

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #12152 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1972 Diamond Reo for sale
Hello Cher ,
real nice but I suspect that the front fibreglass is from a White 9000 , Would I be correct as all Diamond Reos' I have seen have a much lower and smoother profile front mudguard . These two photos taken at the recent Echuca American Iron truck show are of two lovely examples .Thanks to " aussie I plate " for such great photos elsewhere on this forum , regards Clarke .

More
14 years 7 months ago #12153 by melonreo
hi Clarke
i would say that cherr,s lorry is original, during the late fities and sixties when white purchased autocar ---reo and diamond t, there was a lot of parts swaping , over here in OZ i have seen a couple of short bonnet reo,s with the white fenders , and i to thought -- what the #@%&. i have put up a pic that i have copied from the ATHS OZ mag called THE GEARCHANGE, the truck in the pic has white front fenders,, a metal front grille and nose cone and a butterfly bonnet, and it possibly has a inlline 671GM as i had found an example of one of these trucks up the north coast of NSW a while back and this is how it was set up..
i am still looking for the pic of it

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 7 months ago #12154 by Swishy
C@ D7 17A Dozer the whistler one

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH