Skip to main content

FOR SALE - Is this section worth having?

More
9 years 5 months ago #151377 by 352rhd
I have to agree totally chocks,some people forget where they are,it's not Facebook.iI refuse to advertise things there on certain groups because individuals are so quick to comment,usually for the bad.they are usually the ones who have no intention,or funds to buyyour advertised goods.thankyot for letting me on the soapbox!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #151378 by oyamum
Whilst I agree some of the comments are uncalled for I also we need to be less sensitive about it. We are all grown ups here and surely we all know that just because I think my 1987 model twin cab metallic brown Indian built madahari glxr/si 1.2ltr non turbo 3cyl diesel is worth $19,000 plus gst doesn't mean everyone else will. Whilst we shouldn't be rude about it at the end of the day some people are just that. But also when reading text it's easy to take things the wrong way. I say keep this section coz where else will I buy (as my wife calls) rusty junk? Lol

In wrapping up I say who cares what others say we are all grown ups get over it and understand some people are just jerks lol.
Please keep this section though.

• Topic Author
9 years 5 months ago #151379 by
What about renaming this Topic "Trucks/Parts For Sale/ Wanted" and make it a post only BUT have a direct link to the Sellers/Wanted PM for anyone thats interested.

More
9 years 5 months ago #151380 by oldgmc
In reply to Detectives comment about value adding at the time I made the the comment that i wasn't a scrolls and sign writing type of guy and took no offence at the comment although it provoke some thought on that course even a brief conversation with Chocs after that but have decided against it so as my old Grand father used to say there's a buyer and seller for everything one only has to bide ones time and I don't dismiss tyre kickers because there likely to be your prospective buyer so patience is often needed in these matters and I'm sticking to my price and will appear at events and runs despite the lack of interest because you just don't know whats around the next corner Cheers to all and keep up the healthy debate

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
9 years 5 months ago #151381 by Roy O
Easy if you don't like the price don't buy the item.
Cheers

More
9 years 5 months ago #151382 by hayseed
Chocs,
I made this very suggestion in the "members Section" of this forum back in January of This year. & again on Friday (28/11/14).

I've been in Canberra all weekend with a family medical emergency, & missed this Thread..

In an ideal world It wouldn't be Needed,
But as we all know we live in an less that "ideal" world...

I thought it was great Idea back in January, & recent events only reinforce My belief in the Idea.

This Forum has been (& still is) a great asset to the Old truck Movement.
But being in the Public Domain (even as I type this there are 10 "search engines" monitoring our every keystroke) the Bickering is best left to "social media" & other places away from all the Search engines relentless gaze..........

Just My 2 cents worth..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 5 months ago #151383 by bparo
Personally I like this section and I congratulate all involved in this thread for their mature, intelligent discussion.

I think it's possible to set up moderators so they can only moderate one section. Would there be any body willing to assist to moderate this section?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 5 months ago #151384 by chevhead
is this section worth having?
yes.
as long as i am on the lookout for a suitable project, i will keep an eye on it.
good day gentlemen

More
9 years 5 months ago #151385 by prodrive
Good topic Chocs. I must say I ALWAYS look at this section. Just in case I suddenly get a HEAP of money from the sky, and I can buy some of the trinkets on offer...
Seriously tho, I do always look. I find it fascinating what is around. I personally woudn't like to depend on selling something here, even though there is a lot of lookers. But you never know who wants what, so the more places you put it up, the better, if you really want to sell it.
That said, I don't like people commenting on other peoples prices, and wonder why in the hell they don't just not say anything, if they can't say something nice? BUT you also have to have a little bit of a thick skin, and if you want to get your nose out of joint everytime somebody comments on your price (or whatever) then you'd best not post it? After all, none of us are alike, and somebody's rude bastard is somebody elses's great bloke...
So just keep smiling, is my advice. It can't hurt. Leave the stress and the worry to some bugger who's in peak hour traffic or something....?
cheers
Richard

More
9 years 5 months ago #151386 by Dingodan
The ONLY reason I come to this board is for the For Sale Section and im not in the market for anything in particular and everything in general! Ive actually SOLD a truck on this board and learnt a lot. I had a bus for sale and I wanted $x,xxx for it....No one commented that I was asking too much for it so I kept it at that price and it didnt sell and it didnt sell and it rusted out and i got scrap $ for it. Maybe if some one had of discussed fair market value with me I might of done a bit better. I notice that the 36 Dodge that was for sale at $20,000.00 Now has a starting bid of $3,000.00 Maybe he got the message.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds