Skip to main content

FOR SALE - Is this section worth having?

More
9 years 4 months ago #151397 by dno
Is it worth having ?
IMO Yes, but these for sale threads seem to suffer the same problems on most forums some of the fixes I'd suggest that have helped other sites would be.

1. To post in the for sale section, a member must have a minimum of 5 posts prior to gaining the privilege of posting a for sale or wanted add.
2. The mandatory use of a template such as,
Item is. Wanted or For Sale.
Item description.
Item condition.
Price of said item or asking price.
Location of the item.
Contact details.

Post's that don't contain the relevant details don't get posted.

3. Posts are delayed from listing until checked by a mod.

The other thing that has stopped a lot of problems in these sections elsewhere is having a dedicated mod to watch over the for sale/wanted
section.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #151398 by Lang
DNO

A good simple sensible compromise. But should have a PICTURE.

Lang
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Lang.

More
9 years 4 months ago #151399 by Mairjimmy
DNO, that sound good if there is a mod with enough time to handle it,
Lang, some photos I have gone and checked out the only thing you should buy is the camera that took the photo ;) ;) but it does give you a idea, a lot of posters find it very hard to get a handle on posting photos
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #151400 by Lang
Colin

DNO's idea would probably work OK without the mod check/delay etc.

Can the "rules for posting For Sale ads" be locked at the top of the For Sale thread? If people had to provide the information required by the boxes it would eliminate half the smart-a comments from the start.

If they could not do them all, at least there would be some explanation why the info was lacking. No price and "What is it worth?" can be a genuine request by say, a woman trying to sell her recently deceased (or divorced) husband's toys.

Wouldn't stop price comments but I think people are now getting the idea - probably from the discussion in this thread.

Lang

More
9 years 4 months ago #151401 by Sarge
Forum followers,
I have suggested to other moderators that we just pull the plug, no beg pardons, on any offending posts; - That is the post where Sarge bags out some new member for wanting $25,000 for a 1968 perky ACCO.
Not the post where Sarge say's he is selling the mighty ACCO for $25,000.

Problem is, the Mods are flat stick living their own lives too and often miss these posts, that is aside from those Mods who wade through spam emails and requests for lost passwords and applications to be a new member etc etc. The Mods dont want the extra work, we would be happiest if everyone played nice.... :o

Templates for filling in I think are beyond the capacity of our host program, that is why member location is not mandatory when people join up. BIDSTBC.... :-/ What I do think is great, is that you blokes are talking about it (nicely ;)) It show's you care and shows you are interested.

Personally, I like the for sale sections, some stuff is obviously from an opportunistic dealer/ratbag etc.... but the photos of some lost bit of history rusting into the ground are still worth the look. :D :D :D :D

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #151402 by Chocs
Thank You Forum Administrators and Moderators.
Appreciate yours, and the members follow up on this topic.
Thanks for the post Sarge...

Personally, I think what has been decided is a very fair outcome ,particularly in light of everyones busy schedules.
We also get to keep a valuable resource in the process..

Thanks again..
Very much appreciated
chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds