Skip to main content

wanted 6.354 perkins

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #244595 by JMR
wanted 6.354 perkins was created by JMR
Looking to re power my hough 30b with a perkins 6.354, need sae 3 bellhousing, got a couple of Ag blocks but they won't work.

Interested in non runners so I can rebuild and save a little bit of money

Cheers

Edit, closer to FNQ the better but freight from Brisbane isn't a worry
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by JMR.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244620 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic wanted 6.354 perkins
There is 2 6354s on facebook marketplace in Brisbane at present . one $1700 the other $4200. This is description with the 1700 one .
Condition
Used - Good
6354.4 turbo Perkins injector pump had all new seals and new springs done 200klms since new parts done an engine swap no longer needed $1700 ph mark [hidden information] leave message if no answer pls
The following user(s) said Thank You: JMR

More
1 year 1 month ago #244624 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic wanted 6.354 perkins
Thanks Ian.

Haven't got Facebook so will have to get the misses to find it for me.

Cheers

More
1 year 1 month ago #244650 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic wanted 6.354 perkins
A motor from a IH 1830B or maybe an 1850 will have a #3 SAE housing ,but not an earlier IH ,which used their own adapter............another motor with a #3 housing would be a 4/53 GM ,and might have an industrial flywheel too..............I did a Perk conversion on a rear wheel steer Hough 30 a long time ago............dont recall any of the details......but I did have a machine shop ,so I could easily make bits as needed,
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, JMR

More
1 year 1 month ago #244677 by JMR
I've got a 4 236 industrial with an sae housing and flywheel but was worried about it not having enough grunt, pretty sure they came out with a 3 53 from factory.

I don't want to over power it and bust things so was trying to stay closeish to the original HP

Heading to Brisbane soon with the tipper to get a track loader so I'll keep my eye out down there...

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #244682 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic wanted 6.354 perkins
Our Hough 30 B has it’s original 4 cylinder Neuss motor which comfortably does the job and is very close in size and power to the Perkins 236.
David.
Edit:
Looking at the service books in 1969 the diesel options were Inter D236 6 cylinder at 71.5 HP or Detroit 3-53 at 76 hp. By 1974 they had International D282 and D236 6 cylinder motors, we thought our motor was 4 cylinders of the 1830 Inter truck motors and doesn’t appear in the books we have.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by wouldyou.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244685 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic wanted 6.354 perkins
A 4/236 would be good ,I think the Neuss is 239 c/i ........although they do come in a lot of different sizes.....like Perks..........there is a Hough 30B up the road with a rod through the block ......been running on 3 cyl for the last 20 years ,maybe longer...I gave him a piston and rod .....dont think he's aver fitted it.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244686 by JMR
That sounds like a plan then.

I did have the 4 236 lined up for the re power of my little t6 petrol crawler but this is probably more useful.

Can always turbo it for a little bit more power

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds