Skip to main content

Some EX Kwikasair / Comet 8 wheelers

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #138197 by werkhorse
GuG ...... You sure you got that number right ?
That number is not TNT .... But there is one similar .... 405227 .....

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by werkhorse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #138198 by 82cabover
Is she a overnighter giddy up :o :)

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 2 months ago #138199 by Giddy up Go
Golly the 'fishin's' pretty good round here... ;D Nothing like a 'red herring' (if you'll pardon the pun) to live'in things up..... :D. You on the money C.S.I 'Agent82'... ;).

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
9 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #138200 by BillyP

It may have gone somewhere else, but wouldn't it be funny if 819 ended up in Billy Seiders' yard in St Marys-

All-Trans Spares

Whaddya reckon?

Grant...................

It would now appear that it did indeed end up at All Trans Spares.............but..........

at their wreckin yard at Springwood Rd Yarramundi...............

That was a long time ago. so , thats where the trail has ended so far.

Still waiten on some paper work as regards to hopefully gettin a C/H No...
..................Billy..................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by BillyP.

More
9 years 2 months ago #138201 by Wilweld
Billy,

I'm enjoying all this detective work, and I'm not even doing it :)

It was just your mention of a wreckers at St Marys, and then a bad joke on my part. Very cool to get a result out of it.

Grant.

'79 F100- 302c 4spd&&'81 F350- Isuzu 6BB1&&Chamberlain Industrial MK11  (6G)

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #138202 by BillyP
Another pic of 819 has just surfaced....from my youngest daughters collection, circa about

1980, I had never seen it before.

I had been on a Saturday run, loaded it , then brought it home. My son in law, "TZ", had been for a run

with me . That's him having just dived out the door.. He must have been impressed with brick

carting or maybe the old KW....Because one year later he started with Alltrans driving out of the ZACUBA

yard. He spent quite a few years in 835 ( & others) dragging the two axle dog trailer that we had.( it

really was a dog of a thing as it used to destroy the packs & wasn't easy to unload either).

Over thirty years later he is still driving out of that same yard. But now he doesn't have much hair

on his head as it seems to have slipped down onto his face.

So much for that, now for another 819 story.

How me & 819 demolished an electricity pole.

One Friday arvo I took a load to Palm Beach (North side of Sydney)...... Coming back to the yard

was going to be a traffic problem,so I thought, I will come back Monavale Rd, then up the Pacific H/way

towards Hornsby , then left into Pennant Hills Rd, then I should be going against the traffic.

Now the Highway from Pymble is three lanes then two ,then three etc depending on turn rights,

bus stops and all that.

Approaching Pennant Hills Rd,its time to get into the gutter ( lane 1), so on with the L/H blinker.

A Farley & Lewers tipper behind calls and says , bring it over in the ZACUBA.....OK.......a quick look in

the L/H mirror to make sure all is OK.........that's when it happened,.........a car that was stopped

in lane 2 ( lanes 2 & 3 were waiting to turn right to Hornsby)... decides to duck into my lane and changes

his mind and stops leaving me nowhere to go..........(its all over in a flash but just didn't seem that way.)

a hand full of L/H down,,hits the kellecks,,drive locks up,donk stalls, then no steering of course.

By now I am up on the footpath,(doing about 40 clicks) missed the car,( A VOLVO) which in

hindsight I would have been better off had I cleaned up....... and oh no , here come a pole.

It seemed that I was nearly stopped when I clobbered it, Anyway we hit the pole right in front of

the R/H chassis rail. No damage to 819, didn't take any paint off the bull bar at all, but the pole broke at the

possum guard, a sheet of tin wrapped around the pole just under the wires to stop Possums getting into

the wires a creating problems. But,... these guards had been there for donkeys years & the wood used to rot

under the tin, & the poles would break where they normally shouldn't.

(This is getting a bit long in the tooth so I might post this in case it goes astray).........TBC

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by BillyP. Reason: Replacing PB thingos with the original pics

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #138203 by BillyP
Anyway......
The VOLVO shoots through before I could get the rego No, which didn't impress my chief

to any great extent.

Looking up I see the pole is hanging partly from the wires, im thinking , if I try to back the truck away,

and that top bit falls its going to spear through the roof and me at the same time.

Some one rings the cops and the local electricity crowd, so nothing to do except watch the peak hour

traffic build up. Cops arrive first and a big Crown Sargent is leading the charge. He was a gentleman,

says ok what happened.........tells my story.........backed up by the Farley & Lewers driver.

The Sarge says ...you shouldn't have swerved out of your lane should you....that's easy to say

after the event.........anyway I didn't get written up so that side was all right.

Then the electricity crowd arrives, they stop all traffic while they cut all the wires that went every where

by this time its a major traffic blockage. Then this old lady comes out of a local house yelling that

she was trying to cook tea for a boarding house full of kids, next thing she is giving me a mouth full

and I think she was looking for some thing to hit me over the head with, so the old Sarge politely

tells her to get back inside the house and look after the kids.

So with all the wires cut ,a crane with a scissor type of bizzo grabs the pole , the old Sarge says all right

my boy you can go now if you want to..........I think I might just do that before that old girl re appears.

So all they had to do now ,was, put up a new pole and replace all the wires that had been cut apart.

When I got home ,I heard on the radio that there was a bit of a traffic problem in the Hornsby area.

Well fancy that now.......... ..................Billy........................

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by BillyP.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138204 by Zuffen
Billy,

The Boarding House Mistresses were real ogres at Abbotsleigh.

Got chucked out of the girls dorm there when I was a young guy!

More
8 years 9 months ago #138205 by hayseed
Hey Zuffen, Were you sneaking In or Out, when you got Sprung.. :-[

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 9 months ago #138206 by Zuffen
I was in but not sneaking anywhere. Neither in nor out!

I live about 1klm from Abbotsleigh and every time I drive or walk past I laugh to myself.

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds