Skip to main content

More
10 years 1 month ago #139984 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 3070
The Gal cab's, which I think are E onwards are pretty easy to fit. The G has different (IVECO) cab mounts from memory.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139985 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: 3070
Mainly a problem in the roof though? rust I mean big cam, the one I looked at was pretty bad in the roof but not too bad else where, and it had gal doors fitted at some stage in its life.
Also had s cams on the drive but wedge on the front, was that normal for 3074b's or would it have been wedge all round from factory?

More
10 years 1 month ago #139986 by truckit
Replied by truckit on topic Re: 3070
Hi andy950,

It's like bigcam said about cabs and chassis rust issues, that would add a lot to the initial purchase cost if the chassis was rusted out, the cab would be okay if it,s only minor repairable rust in the roof but if it,s down further and deep you would have to allow to find a good cab and restore it then put it on, lot,s a $$$ for a toy.

I guess there is nothing wrong with dreaming a little at my old age.

Charlie.

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

More
10 years 1 month ago #139987 by bigcam
All the 3074's I've seen were S cam.
A lot of 3070's were converted to S cam anyway.
A couple of bad experiences usually talks you into it. HaHa.

Mainly a problem in the roof though? rust I mean big cam, the one I looked at was pretty bad in the roof but not too bad else where, and it had gal doors fitted at some stage in its life.
Also had s cams on the drive but wedge on the front, was that normal for 3074b's or would it have been wedge all round from factory?

More
10 years 1 month ago #139988 by bigcam
The only bit that doesn't rust on them is the sticker on the passengers side that says, Protected with EPD to prevent rust or something like that.
The other place that is very common is the sort of quarter panel behind the doors down low where the guard bolts on.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139989 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: 3070
haha yeah, they're made of good stuff those stickers ;D

More
10 years 1 month ago #139990 by Ken903
Replied by Ken903 on topic Re: 3070
The mighty 3070. I restored my 3070 eagle about 6 years ago and have had to have rust repaired every second year since then ,I'm sure harvester put the rust in at the factory but still a nice truck to drive with a nice 903 crackle ,I am de regoing it next month and placing her in the museum cheers ,

More
10 years 1 month ago #139991 by Ken903
Replied by Ken903 on topic Re: 3070

this is my 3070B needs a wash

More
10 years 1 month ago #139992 by bigcam
Very nice, an Eagle too!

More
10 years 1 month ago #139993 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: 3070
Is It just My Imagination or are the air cleaner & Exhaust arse about on this 3070. (I though they were ALL like Kens)...BISTBC..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds