Skip to main content

wont B long now

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #156970 by Rusty Engines
Replied by Rusty Engines on topic Re: wont B long now
I know a couple of chaps who joined this forum because they like trucks and go to a truck shows when can, don't own trucks or drive trucks, BUT tell people where they have seen something and don't know what to post that has not already been posted, other words they support the vintage truck movement
You take all the people out who come to truck shows that don't own or drive trucks and you don't have a show
Ian
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Rusty Engines.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #156971 by Bedford4home
Replied by Bedford4home on topic Re: wont B long now
As Rusty said, there are many reasons why a person may join the forum.

My reason was to make contact with someone that was selling a truck, then secondly to organise an interstate delivery run for that truck once I purchased it.

The old R Series Bedford project is a LONG way from the finishing line, in fact I am still taking the machine apart as this has turned into a frame up restoration. :)

I do regularly come and read the forum, and enjoy it very much, but it is rare that I actually log in.

cheers,
Pip

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #156972 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: wont B long now
Nuther reason to join and not post...
when you are a member you can see what posts you have read and whats new... have a look as a guest???
Its a great Forum for a guest ...but even better/easier as a member...

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #156973 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: wont B long now
Don't forget until about 12 months ago people could self-register. It was then found that the self registration process was chewing up a lot of server resources and was one of the causes of the Resources limited issue which csuses members and guests problems, particularly when the high activity of the site made it popular with spammers.

Yes the new method costs moderators etc some time but it has stopped most of the spam which had to be deleted. When was the last time you saw someone selling sunglasses, socks, shoes etc on the forum?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by bparo.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #156974 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: wont B long now
I'm a Super Moderator on a US Forum and I know from experience most Forums have a similar percentage of Members who never post.

Quite often people join for a specific reason (like Bedford4home did) but we all see the number of Members and think the Forum is bigger than it really is.

It's the classic 80:20 rule but on Forums it's more like 95:5 where 5% of the Members do 95% of the Posts.

This isn't a criticism of the Forum, just a fact that some don't realise.

Don't even get me started on Spammers. I spend hours each week chasing Spammers and banning Members (usually with just 1 post) for life for posting Spam. They come back the next day with a new moniker so I then ban their IP address.
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Zuffen.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #156975 by Rusty Engines
Replied by Rusty Engines on topic Re: wont B long now
you saw someone selling sunglasses, socks, shoes etc on the forum?
Hi Bparo
Tell me about it as you know I run the 'Southern Cross Register' I get a lot attacks sometimes and emails saying that they have parts for my machinery mostly from China also wanting me to put in tenders for what pumps/engines I can supply. One from Canada the other day wanting to put in a tender for all the engines listed BUT I had to supply them all my details including bank details so they know where so send the money hahah it was ID fraud etc etc and so far the register is clean and nobody has had any spam etc from the web site and the spam people have tried
Ian
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Rusty Engines.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #156976 by markV
Replied by markV on topic Re: wont B long now
Hi everyone, "long time listener, first time caller".
Joined up today and didn't want to be part of the 33.7%! Thought I would get with the strength. One day I might even have something useful to say.
Keep up the good work everybody.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #156977 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: wont B long now
Welcome Mark and good on you for posting. Next hurdle is to get some pictures up ;) ;) 8-)

Dennis

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #156978 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: wont B long now
We were sit n on 3999 members

one orff 4000 reigistered members

n they pulled the rug from under us ( once again )

Now back to 3996

LOL ;D

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #156979 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: wont B long now
I think it's what's called foreplay Swish ;)
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by jimbo51.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds