Skip to main content

Further Mack Chat

More
7 years 9 months ago #171806 by Dropbear68
Further Mack Chat was created by Dropbear68
While were discussing Macks, I have been offered a Mack F700 day cab, it's a twin steer bogie drive, pretty stock old thing 237 with a 5 spd looks like it's led a fairly sheltered life, I don't like the day cabs would a sleep cab fit onto it? Ever seen a sleeper cabbed f700 with twin steer?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #171807 by Dropbear68
Replied by Dropbear68 on topic Further Mack Chat
Also on fleabay is a clapped out f700 day cab he's wanting 5500 for it which to me is a major rip off it's two grand dearer then one I've been offered which in comparison is mint, what's a clap trap dingle drive day cab Mack worth?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Dropbear68. Reason: Errors

More
7 years 9 months ago #171809 by LN700
Replied by LN700 on topic Further Mack Chat
Here you go bear.

LN700 B) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dropbear68

More
7 years 9 months ago #171813 by Dropbear68

LN700 wrote: Here you go bear.

LN700 B) :)

Buntlines beast, I got a good story bout Buntines and my dad, in the early 70 s my dad was a NT copper we had Timber Creek Police Station, Buntines would always try and sneak through with extra trailer on the back the old man would wait for them, pull them up make them leave last trailer behind , one day dad wheeled one up I was with him I was only about 6 , driver said to dad my mates behind me and he's gonna shoot you, so with this dad cuffed the driver threw him in the cage on back of the Tojo he got me out the cab and sat me on the bonnet, he then got his issue 303 Jungle Carbine out, loaded it and waited and sure enough this other grotty old Buntines R600 pulled up, driver gets out , dad shoulders the carbine cocks it, driver shit himself,

More
7 years 9 months ago #171821 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Further Mack Chat
LOL funny yarn Dropbear

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #171826 by Dropbear68

I was told this is a 75 model, it doesn't ring as a 75 to me , location of wipers above the cowl, blinkers up high, roof line doesn't look right, dash from what I can see looks odd it almost resembles a late 60 s metal type dash , front bar? Spider wheels ,What say the experts, I think 70 or 71 somewhere round there

ya gotta press insert...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Sarge.

More
7 years 9 months ago #171829 by Dropbear68
Another request, can anyone show me pics of late 60 s to early 70s F700 dash panels

More
7 years 9 months ago #171835 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Further Mack Chat

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #171844 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Further Mack Chat
Welcome to the forum Dropbear68 .. She looks to be a fairly early one with those blinkers mounted where they are....Check to see if the steering mechanism travels across the dash and down the LH side...Our earliest cabover Macks were converted in this way .

More
7 years 9 months ago #171851 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Further Mack Chat
Drop Bear, I had a '76 F700 many Years ago & It had the same dash as an R600 of that Era..
Sorry no pics of the dash, But I do have this pic though..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds