Skip to main content

QUESTION TIME

More
6 years 6 months ago #188494 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic QUESTION TIME
On Holdens (as best I can remember) the FE didn't have blinkers, the early FCs had red blinkers and later models had amber blinkers fitted in lieu of white reversing lights (although you got amber reversing lights). Blinkers weren't available l on the "standard" model FCs and possibly FBs.

Although the 59 Chev's did get amber blinkers, red was still acceptable much later than this. From a quick read elsewhere, red indicators are still acceptable up to 1973 models if the vehicle was fitted with them when new.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188497 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic QUESTION TIME
Had an FB van, about as basic as they came and it had blinkers.
Cheers Steve

More
6 years 6 months ago #188499 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic QUESTION TIME
Newest Holden I ever saw which had never had indicators was an EJ standard. Still like that around 1990.

Jarrod.

โ€œI offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about themโ€

โ€• Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188500 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic QUESTION TIME

Beaver wrote: On Holdens (as best I can remember) the FE didn't have blinkers, the early FCs had red blinkers and later models had amber blinkers fitted in lieu of white reversing lights (although you got amber reversing lights). Blinkers weren't available l on the "standard" model FCs and possibly FBs.

Although the 59 Chev's did get amber blinkers, red was still acceptable much later than this. From a quick read elsewhere, red indicators are still acceptable up to 1973 models if the vehicle was fitted with them when new.

FE Standard no blinkers. FE Special yes . Along with the amber rear blinkers update on the FC, was the embossed trim in the top of the seats. The 1959 Chevs could not be registered with red rear cats eye taillights incorporating blinkers, that's why GMH had to hang the amber "guide" brand blinkers under the rear wings (fins)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by overnite.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188509 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic QUESTION TIME
I remember registration required indicator lights to be below a certain height, about bootlid level from memory :unsure: AND then along came the Citroen ID9 :oops:

Typical strange French stying :pinch:
Attachments:

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #188890 by PDU
I would have asked this in Overlander's old Photos but didn't want to take his blog off topic and thought this would be a more appropriate place to ask the question . . .

I know that xspanrman has it, and I have it, but who else has a copy of this classic record?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by PDU.

More
6 years 5 months ago #188893 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic QUESTION TIME
Hi PDU i think i have a copy in cassette form ill have to find it and post a photo :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #188897 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic QUESTION TIME
So the question is why do we keep this crap?

and just for Swishy I included the song list from the Volvo album, feel free to add comments

Many useful things fall off trucks
Attachments:

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 5 months ago #188899 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic QUESTION TIME
Thanx Dr Google

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #188907 by PDU
Damn, shall I go dig out all my old records? :dry:
They're somewhere buried in the forty acres of crap carefully stowed wherever!?
One of my favourites - Bulldog Mack always sent a chill down the back of my neck at the "diesels in stereo" bit . . .
www.shazam.com/track/54129971/bulldog-mack
Actually this is a slightly different version than mine, not as good - the girls backing him don't sound as good as my version - on a different record, not this Supertrucker version???
Maybe I will have to go find my records after all!? :unsure:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by PDU.

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds