Skip to main content

Fleetparts and Aust Post.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241419 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Fleetparts and Aust Post.

Then again if you buy your wine from Grays Online it will be there either the next day or the day after. 5 years and 25 cartons of wine never been let down. They use Aramex (Australia Post) used to be Fastway as couriers.

Not trying to pick a fight Lang, But the Old Fastway Courier Business Now known as Aramex is Headquartered in Dubai...

www.aramex.com.au/why-aramex/about-us/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241420 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Fleetparts and Aust Post.
Coupla years ago now,I had major dramas with FastWay........in the end I had to drive around until I saw the guys van ,and flag him down......there was no way i could contact anyone in or through the company........and when I finally got the driver .....He says"You should try buying a franchise from them".............there was a comedy show on telly about couriers ,and seems Fast Way was 100 times worse.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241422 by 180wannabe
Ordered parts at Maxiparts in Adelaide at 12pm on a wednesday, parts were in Adelaide from Sydney and ready for collection by 10am thursday morning. I was very impressed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 5 months ago #241423 by hayseed

Austpost, not so good at the postal service but a great place to buy a cheap Chinese air fryer.

Very True mate.. Our Post Office is Looking more like a cross between a Newsagent & the Reject Shop every Time I go In there..!!

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120, roKWiz

More
1 year 5 months ago #241424 by JOHN.K.
Anyhoo,enough of that.......coupla weeks ago I got a motorbike engine on ebay for 99c .....no other bid,and the seller was unhappy ,for sure......I had to give him $200 to pack the engine and send it up from Sydney.........seems there is a shortage of transport ,and because the box weighed 54kg,the couriers wouldnt take it........More or less forgot about it,when I get a call from Pack N Send.. its arrived in Brisbane ,and I have to pick it up ,because of the weight.......They got this little shop right on the main road,no parking,no stopping,no nothing.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241425 by JOHN.K.
Before the plague ,I got some stuff on ebay from Ohio,USA....and it was in my front yard in three days...........the big hold up in international stuff is Australian Customs,they can take 6 weeks at times.......Ebay is one of the senders thats exempt Customs inspection

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241427 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fleetparts and Aust Post.
Hayseed

Here is the info. Australia Post completed the deal in 2018 when this report was written.

Yes, they are based in Dubai but just like Toll Australia/Japan Post it is ARAMEX Dubai/Australia Post.

Zaghloul is just the CEO now. No longer the owner.

Australia Post has secured full ownership of Aramex Global Solutions (AGS), which provides end-to-end cross-border logistics solutions to a portfolio of iconic global eCommerce merchants.
Australia Post has reached in-principle agreement to purchase from its joint venture partner Aramex PJSC the 60% of AGS it does not already own for approximately US$20 million.
AGS has grown strongly since it was established by Australia Post and global express delivery and logistics company Aramex two years ago, with revenue up more than 60% since 2016 to approximately A$138 million* in 2018. Australia Post’s exclusive delivery of parcels for AGS in FY18 generated A$40 million of revenue.
AGS enables Australian consumers to shop online globally, connecting international retailers directly with Australia Post’s last-mile delivery and customs clearance capabilities. In addition to delivering significant parcel volumes inbound to Australia, AGS has an established presence in key global eCommerce trade lanes, including Asia, the UK, Europe and the US, providing a valuable platform for continued expansion.
Annette Carey, Executive General Manager, International Services, said “As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Australia Post, AGS provides an established platform to accelerate our international growth strategy.”
“Combining our postal capabilities with AGS’s bespoke eCommerce capabilities enables Australia Post to engage directly with international retailers, providing unique customer solutions to capture strong growth in cross-border eCommerce markets.
“Today’s agreement with Aramex reflects changes to the strategic direction of both organisations, including Australia Post’s commitment to positioning itself as a global provider of cross-border eCommerce.”
The strength of cross-border eCommerce markets and a highly regarded management team, led by CEO Nabil Zaghloul have underpinned the growth of AGS, which is now handling more than two million international parcels a month.
“At AGS, we’re very excited to benefit from Australia Post’s culture, long-term vision and ongoing investment” said Mr Zaghloul. “Through partnerships with China Post and major Asian eCommerce marketplaces, we can leverage our platform into new markets.”
Transaction completion is expected to occur in the coming days. Australia Post has plans to rename and rebrand AGS to reflect the change in ownership in the near future.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lang.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241431 by hayseed
Lang, the way I read It ; Aramex Global Solutions (AGS).. apgecommerce.com/?page_id=52
Is a completely Different Business to Aramex www.aramex.com.au/why-aramex/about-us/

We're also Waaay Off Topic here.. So might be best to continue this little tete' au tete' via PM..

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds