Skip to main content

1959 International AA-110 4x4

More
14 years 1 month ago #25879 by mikeg
Just spotted this, I had one of these, brought back some memories. Its the early AA (one before the egg crate grill) and from the look of it it could well be the original paint ... yes pink. Mine was pink (nipple pink?) from new. It was a great little truck and would go just about anywhere and while carrying a decent load. I cant recall ever having any troubles and used it pretty hard in some rough and very steep country in the Barringtons. It had very good ground clearance and entry and exit angles which was handy crossing flooded rivers and creeks. I think there is a fisherman over Stockton way still using an AB110 4x4 with a Perkins in it which he uses on the beach to tow and launch his boat.
Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #25880 by Manfred Range
hi I'm from Canada and I own an American international B-120 4x4, which is very similar to the Aussie Inter AA-110,120,etc. I don't think you even have the "B" series downunder. (I stand to be corrected). Mine is a '120' because it is a 4x4, as 110's weren't 4x4. Your system must be different in the categorizing. Here is a pic of my inside cab. It would be very nice to see a pic of an Aussie AA inside cab. My truck has a shaft that goes right through the engine near the distributor to transfer the throttle linkage from left hand side to the right side where the carb is. Your 6-cyl. wouldn't need that I presume.
Manfred

Manny

More
13 years 10 months ago #25881 by bparo
I think we did get the B-Series out here but they were locally assembled and called AB. The did that for the L, R, S and A series as well making them AL, AR, AS and AA. Interestingly the R180's, 190's, and 200's were mainliy imported so reatained the R designation.

or so it was explained to me anyway

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 10 months ago #25882 by Old AB
Hey Manfred. Like the interior, Same dash as the AB & AA we have here. Are the door panels original?? Mine has plastic panels, wich are cracked and hard to find good ones secondhand. They look the same, Is there some ware over there that we can buy trims, Oh and i have to ask, Rubber floormat. Cant get them here. If there is a parts man there that sells international stuff i would love to know.. Thanks ... Tony...

Keep old inters alive.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds